information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by Guest on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 17:59

hey tiger 660

ok I thought when you were declared invalid you would have received your CPPD/QPPD ..... guess not .

definitely something you should have done as it could very well effect the amount of your QPP amount when you hit 65 .

this is defiantly something I would suggest you apply for for this reason amongst others and apply soonest .

since you have not applied for the DTC I highly recommend you apply for that as well .

so back to the MIL pension reduction thing . as it stands now you may get CPP/QPP at 65 but the amount is unclear .

sooo the amount of your MIL pension reduction is unclear .

I received max benefit from CPPD and had an average MIL pension . my reduction was about $325.00 .

so at 65 if you get CPP/QPP you will see a a reduction in your MIL pension again how much ???? cant even begin to guess do to the fact you are not on CPPD/QPPD with effectively freezes your CPP/QPP calculations .

if you don't get CPP/QPPD your MIL pension will not be reduced .

clear as mud lol.

propat

Last edited by propat on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 22:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by tiger660 on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 18:30

Propat,

I will try to explain to you the way it works with my pension. When I got out, I received a Canadian Forces Pension.
I had to go to the St Anne De Bellevue Veteran Hospital as an outpatient (I think that is what you call it), a social worker told me I should apply for the Québec Disability Pension which I did.
To get a Pension from the Québec Government before age 65, you have to be totally invalid there is no half way, you are either invalid or not, which I am.
But all that is , is the money I receive from Québec is deducted from the money I receive from Ottawa. I am not getting more, I am getting the same but from two different places. (Pretty screw up, isn't it. only in Québec loll )

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 23:10

ya buds I understand and it just isn't Quebec buds the give in one hand take from the other seems to be everywhere these days and getting worse .

next step will be for the GOC to introduce a new 2000 dollar benefit witch in the end will end up costing you 2000 in the end but I digress .

anyway in the end when I retired the CPPD didn't put anymore money in my pocket because it was deducted from other programs like SISIP .

thing is I did it to effectively freeze my CPP at the level it was at when I retired so that I will get a high CPP value at 65 and all those years of not paying into CPP will not count against me at all.

now I do understand that the programs in Quebec are different and sadly I'm not completely up on those.

now I thought CPP/QPP kind of worked hand in hand that way .

gonna have to do some reading on that to see how they fit together exactly .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top