Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Federal government to fund horse therapy for injured veterans

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Federal government to fund horse therapy for injured veterans

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 May 2015, 22:33

I am now down to 215lb i have my mango or pomegranite green tea 3 times a day with saffron added to it. saffron is a natural anti deppressant i dont even miss coffee anymore you dont have to diet just give up the salt sugar and processed foods i eat steak,pork cutlets,chicken, fish(basa) stir frys and fresh veggies etc etc. i cant believe how fast the weight came off 5 weeks 5lbs a week it took 4 weeks for the salt to come out of my system it comes out on your lips and in your mouth and thats all you can taste. natural non harmful spices adds enough flavour to any dish. this is so easy to do and becomes a habit you will enjoy sticking to after a week. i am no longer taking any med not even blood pressure, monitor every day better than when i was on meds. feeling happy, energetic, feeling alive again i didnt give up anything but processed poison!!!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Federal government to fund horse therapy for injured veterans

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Tue 19 May 2015, 19:25

Thanks gang...stumbled upon this thread...good advice Trooper. Fedora. Not yet. I too am eating better and losing weight. Trying to decrease my pain by decreasing my size. I remember being 240 and full of muscles...not 240 and full of taters! Small steps leading to big changes.
Slightly slimmer Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 19 May 2015, 18:58

I would agree that changing your eating habits an changing your lifestyle does have it's rewards.

Being medically impaired makes it hard to sometimes make these changes as the answer usually always is in taking prescribed medication , prescribed by doctors to help with your condition - or conditions.

I think there are many ways for individuals who are medically impaired to better themselves , one way is to want the change , it's easy to say that I'm disabled an I will just take my meds an hope they will help an leave it at that.
Wanting the change - or trying to change - taking the time to research, an educate yourself on what changes may help is all part of it.
Knowing the difference between what meds are a must for your conditions , an what meds may just be put aside for a need basis only is key.
Doctors have an obligation to prescribe meds for conditions , patients have an obligation to know exactly what meds there putting in there system.
This can be difficult at times as we are normal in the way that we just want to either get better - or feel better from what was prescribed , an the mindset that they are doctors an who am I to question a doctor.
Well it's simple you are the one taking the meds , therefore the last call has to come from you.
That said , there are certain meds that for certain conditions that will leave you with no choice but to take them , I call these life or death - or close to death meds that if questioned by the patient could result in death - or close to death.
There are other meds that if not taken could result in further harm to the patient if not taken.
So it's really a question of how much the patient is determined to search the whole Idea of making the change in taken control of what you are putting into your body.
When I hear someone posting that they put the booze away, eating better , an now feeling better , it truly makes me proud of that person , it really does , they are proving to themselves that it can be done , an they like the rewards there getting from it.
They are fully in control of themselves.
One member posted that he has stopped taking a certain pain med because he was getting severe side effects from it , he now only takes it when absolutely necessary , again taking control of there own body.

It's not for everyone , an there are no absolutes here , if one chooses not to change for whatever reason they may have , that may just be the best thing for them , they are the only ones that really knows there own body , don't look at it as a pressure tactic used to convince individuals to change , look at it simply as some sharing there own results for the purpose of trying to help others , again not to change others , but to share stories that just might help others who may already have been looking into change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 May 2015, 09:50

Losing my fedora would be like losing an arm.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 May 2015, 08:24

Spent the weekend at the trailer park had a great time no booze kept to my weight loss regiment not a diet just no processed food and smaller portions. have so much energy and not to many ways to get rid of it was asked to table dance a few times not happening!! Would be a good park for Nav... ladies need a table dancer fedora optional.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 May 2015, 08:11

Lol @ Navrat.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 May 2015, 07:44

Maybe I should send that to Otoole to add to the VAC benefits list! A framed photo of myself all CF upped or you can just purchase one on ebay for 9.99 taxes in!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Tue 19 May 2015, 07:10

Navrat, lol, that was awesome. Made my morning, with that picture in mind. I should try it..
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Mon 18 May 2015, 20:56

Lol @ Nav
If you can't be Caesar at least you have the Hammy Legion Drink of the Day!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Mon 18 May 2015, 20:14

A lot of times I just put on my fedora , .......pose in the mirror....ponder......and just tell myself the greatest mistake the forces ever did was medically release such a handsome stunning example of an officer any military has had....probably since Caesar!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 18 May 2015, 19:22

Yes teen and bigrex I also love reading. Most times I could not tell you what I read 1 page before, but it's all good..lol. I have a little lap dog that is 8, and she helps me focus, and stay grounded when I need it. She is not a therapy trained dog, but to me she is awesome.
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 18 May 2015, 19:07

Good suggestion about reading, teen. I use puzzle's and Sudoku to achieve the same result. They help get me out of my own head, and allow me to focus on something, other than my pain.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 18 May 2015, 18:25

Don't know if this is of value. I don't have PTSD but I do have chronic depression due to long term illness. Been analyzed and the shrink suggested reading. So got me a kobo and started reading and it is helping.

Because the weather is nice I get that natural Vitamin D and read. Read before bed. Read during the day when I start to get, let's call it 'flustered'.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 18 May 2015, 17:28

Rags and pinger, great discussion on to take or not to take drugs. I have ptsd and have decided not to take the prescribed pills. But I will admit this route is not easy at times. I try to eat well, walk, and do melantonin at night. But I have been on the fence sometimes. These are mostly when my moods are up and down like waves. I know drugs would even it out but at what cost? I have friends that are on several drugs, and one seems to interact with the other, and I wonder if they are better off. I have been prescribed a couple , got them, but then waited, I am conflicted. Any thoughts/ideas on others who decided to do the natural route. I just know this head spacing crap ptsd sucks,,
VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 18 May 2015, 17:10

I agree with the clean eating and fitness very much Rags. Can't punch my clock back but geez... wish I could still do that 1+1/2 mile in 10+ minutes working on the 9 minute mark.

About that medication. I know nothing of it. JMO but I am always leary of NEW medications until the verdict is out... 5+ years unless your very desperate. Dire straits.
I am neither a guinea pig or a pin cushion. My choice. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top