Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Financial Advice

Go down

Financial Advice

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 18:58

Financial Advice

What is Financial Advice?

The Critical Injury Benefit, Disability Award, Detention Benefit and Death Benefit are paid as one-time, tax-free cash awards. You may seek the advice of a financial expert to help you manage the money you receive. Here are some tips for helping you manage a tax-free lump-sum payment:

Do I Qualify?

If your cash award is 5% or more of the maximum Disability Award, some or all of the costs related to getting financial advice may be paid by Veterans Affairs Canada, up to a maximum of $500.

How Do I Apply?

You can choose to pay your financial advisor directly and then contact us for the form you require to request payment from VAC. If possible, ask your financial advisor to invoice you. Submit the invoice to us and we will pay you directly. Unfortunately, we cannot pay the provider directly.
Contact us:


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum