APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Post by Loader on Fri 26 May 2017, 19:49

Artie Simm wrote:
Loader wrote:11 months start to finish, all done through My VAC account with no CM involvement.

I applied for three separate disability benefits in 01 June 2016, was advised in early Dec I had received awards for all three.

Re-assessment forms were submitted 13 Dec 2016.

Payment options forum received 25 May 17.

The VIP application was approved within days as I had applied for it after I had been advised I had been granted awards for my three disability benefits.

I queried VAC on several occasions via secure message on where my file was in the process, but only ever received the standard "we have received your request and forwarded to the appropriate department" reply.

Hope this helps.
"all on line" didn`t you have to see a Dr. for reassessment?

Saw a nurse, the Doc just signed the forms. I meant on line vice using snail mail
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Post by Loader on Fri 26 May 2017, 20:06

Artie Simm wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Loader wrote:11 months start to finish, all done through My VAC account with no CM involvement.

I applied for three separate disability benefits in 01 June 2016, was advised in early Dec I had received awards for all three.

Re-assessment forms were submitted 13 Dec 2016.

Payment options forum received 25 May 17.

The VIP application was approved within days as I had applied for it after I had been advised I had been granted awards for my three disability benefits.

I queried VAC on several occasions via secure message on where my file was in the process, but only ever received the standard "we have received your request and forwarded to the appropriate department" reply.

Hope this helps.
"all on line" didn`t you have to see a Dr. for reassessment?
"payment options" what do they look like, what else is there other than lump sum or monthly?

Two choices as follows;

Lump sum and annual payments - Indicate the amount of lump sum you would like to receive
and indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments: $

Annual payments - Indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments:
years.

Lump sum payment - If you choose this option, you will receive $ XXX
as soon as possible.

The form goes on to state;

You may be eligible for reimbursement of fees, to a maximum of $500, for financial advice provided
by someone who is primarily engaged in the business of providing financial advice.

If you elect annual payments (or a lump sum and annual payments):

Your first annual payment (or lump sum) will be made as soon as possible, and the remaining
annual payments will be made at the end of the anniversary month of your decision.

Interest will be calculated on your annual payments at a rate that is similar to the return on a Government of
Canada Savings Bond or a three month Treasury Bill. The Disability Award and any interest are
tax-free.

Hope this helps
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top