Increasing Vocational Rehabilitation Education Benefit from Two to Four Years.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Increasing Vocational Rehabilitation Education Benefit from Two to Four Years.

Post by VRI on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 20:28

Teager wrote:Have been informed you just can't use both benefits at the same time but can use the new Education benefit after voc rehab is complete. Hopefully this is right.

Sur3 that's right, but if you get off voc rehab, you lose ELB. So yeah, you have more flexibility with your education, but how do you feed your family for 4 years? I'd love to take advantage of this program, but I can't afford to get off ELB just now. Have to hope I can find a job that will allow me to pay bills whIle attending uni, THEN get off Voc rehab and hope for the best.

VRI
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing Vocational Rehabilitation Education Benefit from Two to Four Years.

Post by Teager on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 19:54

VRI I hear you I'm in the same boat except on SISIP. What I was thinking was if you can take voc rehab either SISIP or VAC get a job you would still be able to advance your education part time or online with the new education benefit. Who knows how this will be written tho. If they say no your not entitled after voc rehab then those on SISIP are getting a crappy education benefit.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top