Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by ScottyG on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 07:15

Worth Repeating:
My advice is to take it one step at a time, don't allow yourself to get to overwhelmed with all the BS associated with applying. We can guide you, or assist you here with any support you may need. Just don't allow the system to get the better of you, stand up for what you are entitled to. When frustration sets in, take a step back and allow yourself the room to recover.
My advice is to take it one step at a time, don't allow yourself to get to overwhelmed with all the BS associated with applying. We can guide you, or assist you here with any support you may need. Just don't allow the system to get the better of you, stand up for what you are entitled to. When frustration sets in, take a step back and allow yourself the room to recover.

Artie: You will be helping others within 12 months! Smile  Most of us have the "Tshirt" from our battle scars and veteran affairs struggles. It a long ways to Tiperary but we made it and you have the choice too. Chose Well !

ScottyG
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 05:56

Not all CIA applications are denied the first time around. Many have got favorable decisions on their first application. However, the same goes for unfavorable decisions, many have not been successful the first time around. We are all unique in the medical condition or conditions we have, the severity of those conditions. Therefore, it is difficult to assume any outcome in any given application. The bottom line is to get your application filled and sent out, if your approved, that would be great, if not, you need to appeal. Unfortunately that's the way the wheel turns with VAC, if they were to approve all applicants, they would put themselves out of work. Nobody's going to knock on your door with any benefits, it is left to the Veteran to apply for the available benefits. Basically, that's what disabled Veterans have to follow in order to have a chance in receiving the benefits that are available for application. This does add a whole lot of stress to the Veteran, however, the bottom line is you either fight for you are entitled to, or you simply give up and end up with nothing.

Many of Veterans have succeeded in their applications without the assistance of a case manager, something to keep in mind if your not comfortable with case managers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 00:47

ScottyG wrote:Based on what i read and how i read between the lines. I have little doubt you will be denied! You may have to appeal and battle but if you stick with it you will win.
Artie each and everyone of us has had to stay focused. Seeked info here and dial veteran affairs when ever you dont have clarity about a program or service.

YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS .... THERE HAS BEEN LITERALLY 100'S OF ILL VETERANS IN AND OUT OF HERE SOME IN MUCH WORST SHAPE THAN ANY OF US THAT HAVE SUCCEED.....YOU WILL TOO ....

On a lighter note if you jump through all the hoops America Got Talent needs "Veterans with PTSD that can tap dance" ----since you mentioned you had good arms and legs  Artie  SmileSmile cheers cheers cheers
so for those that succeeded here, is that VAC modus operandi , your first claim is always denied? So they test you to see if you`ve got the patience to do it all again or just put a gun in your mouth?. If that happens they can keep their money, I`m not going to grovel, and to clarify I`ve got two good legs but only 1 good arm, so my hoop climbing isn`t all that good.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 00:38

Based on what i read and how i read between the lines. I have little doubt you will be denied! You may have to appeal and battle but if you stick with it you will win.
Artie each and everyone of us has had to stay focused. Seeked info here and dial veteran affairs when ever you dont have clarity about a program or service.

YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS .... THERE HAS BEEN LITERALLY 100'S OF ILL VETERANS IN AND OUT OF HERE SOME IN MUCH WORST SHAPE THAN ANY OF US THAT HAVE SUCCEED.....YOU WILL TOO ....

On a lighter note if you jump through all the hoops America Got Talent needs "Veterans with PTSD that can tap dance" ----since you mentioned you had good arms and legs  Artie  SmileSmile cheers cheers cheers

ScottyG
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 23:04

pinger wrote:Artie wrote " mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied."

I have gone through all this shyte and then some. Just my 2 cents... short of the 400 new VaC hires coming up to speed (should be). Hell, expect to be denied by November. Anything better than that is fracking gravy.

Approach another cm ? ... HAVE THEM VISIT YOU. That's part of their job.
One way or another Artie, if you need the assistance or benefits of VaC you gotta deal with them. And you DON'T have to do it alone hunkered down somewhere either.

Support is out there if you need it, but walking away from it won't help.

JMO
I think that is part of my hesitation, if I jump through all of VAc`s hoops and then get denied I`m liable to go off like a volcano rather that calmly ask for a second opinion or whatever the appropriate response is. I know some out there have the patience to keep re-applying but I`m just tired of it all.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 22:29

Artie wrote " mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied."

I have gone through all this shyte and then some. Just my 2 cents... short of the 400 new VaC hires coming up to speed (should be). Hell, expect to be denied by November. Anything better than that is fracking gravy.

Approach another cm ? ... HAVE THEM VISIT YOU. That's part of their job.
One way or another Artie, if you need the assistance or benefits of VaC you gotta deal with them. And you DON'T have to do it alone hunkered down somewhere either.

Support is out there if you need it, but walking away from it won't help.

JMO
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 22:16

ScottyG wrote:You being told stuff i havent heard. The CIA program are not behind. DAwards are behind. Called Veteran affairs they said no indication that CIA decisions are delayed. I was told they get notice if any department is behind. Butyou are both at stage 3........ so maybe they told me BS  ...Wow thats the 1st time for that ......
I think the backlog quote is on the MYVAC page if you go to claims you have submitted and where they are at.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:41

You being told stuff i havent heard. The CIA program are not behind. DAwards are behind. Called Veteran affairs they said no indication that CIA decisions are delayed. I was told they get notice if any department is behind. Butyou are both at stage 3........ so maybe they told me BS ...Wow thats the 1st time for that ......

ScottyG
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:20

On my VAC it says VAC strives for a decision within 6 weeks once at stage 3 but have a higher than normal application volume. So just wondering how far behind they actually are? I was stage 3 April 1st so seems like I've got a long ways to wait stil.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:14

Teager wrote:Anyone know how delayed VAC is for a decision on CIA once at stage 3? I'm beyond the 6 weeks VAC says and know another guy that's 2 months ahead of me and still waiting.
did you get a letter in the mail ?, I haven`t, that`s where mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied. yeah
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:01

Anyone know how delayed VAC is for a decision on CIA once at stage 3? I'm beyond the 6 weeks VAC says and know another guy that's 2 months ahead of me and still waiting.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:38

Ha! I've had a few victories in the last year with help from this forum. I've probably called VAC and the ombudsman and VRAB a few hundred times for them.
I just wish they'd take the BS out of BenefitS.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:34

Your right i am not up on the this CIA for a level change. I am surpised you havent heard yet. Maybe this a good thing Vet1234 Smile

ScottyG
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:34

We did not have to apply for this one, it was VAC initiated.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:32

ScottyG wrote:Vet1234
The reassessent stage is 12 weeks from the time they receive your written application for reassessment. They will send you a letter advising you of service standard date SSD likely within 10 days of receiving your letter. "It must be a written request"
If you call in they can tell you your SSD ....

That's the standard reassessment time. For the CIA reassessment that started for all vets that were receiving PIA in April 2017, a separate reassessment was to be done. Many have had theirs done as early as April and the letter we received said within a few months they will be done.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top