Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:32

ScottyG wrote:Vet1234
The reassessent stage is 12 weeks from the time they receive your written application for reassessment. They will send you a letter advising you of service standard date SSD likely within 10 days of receiving your letter. "It must be a written request"
If you call in they can tell you your SSD ....

That's the standard reassessment time. For the CIA reassessment that started for all vets that were receiving PIA in April 2017, a separate reassessment was to be done. Many have had theirs done as early as April and the letter we received said within a few months they will be done.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:23

Vet1234
The reassessent stage is 12 weeks from the time they receive your written application for reassessment. They will send you a letter advising you of service standard date SSD likely within 10 days of receiving your letter. "It must be a written request"
If you call in they can tell you your SSD ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:06

Amen. I've been waiting since April for my CIA reassessment and no one can tell me anything.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:03

Well Artie,
Lets see how the CIA application resolves. Veteran affair has been a pain in the butt for many of us you included. Time will tell !

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 17:59

ScottyG wrote:Artie,
I can assure you an in person visit with a CM in your area will help you a lot. Face to Face it will clear up your concerns.
I met with my CM 3 months ago and 3 months before that but I don`t get out much and hate meeting new people., I also don`t feel confident they have my best interest at heart, my distrust in the gov. is part of my psychosis. This is my 3rd CM I don`t know where the other two went , just every so often I get a phone call saying " I`m your new CM". and calling VAC directly just results in frustration and being told, to hunker down.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:46

Artie,
I can assure you an in person visit with a CM in your area will help you a lot. Face to Face it will clear up your concerns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:44

Normally you can request a DEC via Case manager
or the case manager does it after your on CIA for 2 yrs
once you get DEC you are able to apply for CIA s

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:36

ScottyG - As one who is over that age you mentioned,,lol --55., I am curious on where that is in the Pension Act? Tks, Old and Cranky Rad Op, Out..Lol ,,VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:33

Yes you can apply while waiting for a CIA decision.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:30

bosn181 wrote:cia is one payment and cias is another payment that you get if your approved dec and you apply for cias and also get approved
So can someone apply for DEC while awaiting the outcome of a CIA decision?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:28

ScottyG wrote:I read about grandfathering under Pen Act, after age 55 it cant be reduced in "most cases" LOL
well I guess I`m safe
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:15

I read about grandfathering under Pen Act, after age 55 it cant be reduced in "most cases" LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:09

ScottyG wrote:I think this is a good question:
How does your age affect the reassessment for CIA and CIAs & you were Deemed DEC. If your over 65 are you required to get Reassessment every 2 years? Cant imagine a 90 yr old Vet requiring to continue this for life. I wonder if Veteran affair has a policy on this post 60  post 65 etc??? If you know the answer can you post the reference ..thanks
as usual VAC contradicts themselves, if you read all the information you will find a sentence that says CIA/DEC is for life, another sentence else where says they are reassessed every 2-5 years
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:44

I think this is a good question:
How does your age affect the reassessment for CIA and CIAs & you were Deemed DEC. If your over 65 are you required to get Reassessment every 2 years? Cant imagine a 90 yr old Vet requiring to continue this for life. I wonder if Veteran affair has a policy on this post 60  post 65 etc??? If you know the answer can you post the reference ..thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next