Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 15:51

nemo wrote:I wish the government would be more honest to the people about this CIA.... Most of us that can't work don't qualify for it. How many did out of the all the disabled?  This system needs a serious revamp.

I agree, the whole system needs a revamp. They can start by getting rid of all those bureaucrats who work on our file. Veterans are being taken advantage of by it's own government and those who work within our file. We do not have a union and pretty much rely on some advocacy and the media to have our concerns heard. But that's about as far as it goes, they are all milking the system making it seem as though what they are doing for disabled Veterans is above and beyond respect in the work they do in providing the New Charter and all the benefits that come with it. Our only option at this point is to educate the public and the media on exactly those sinful tactics they continue to use. They are all laughing at us knowing the scope of disrespect they can get away with, disrespect in the form of putting their self interest ahead of those disabled members who served our Country. Unfortunately this will continue as we can clearly see, it is an ongoing problem for disabled Veterans that will end up not getting the respectful benefits that they all deserve. I'm not one to force my beliefs onto others, but I hope I'm not the only member of this forum who is thinking all of this unfairness that is brought upon us by our government. Nevertheless, regardless of divisions on the subject in question, we still should all be entitled to our opinion, an opinion that should never be forced onto others.

Back to top Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Nemo on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:03

The CIA should be across the board. ALL members who are on SISIP or CPP(D) or other program because they have been deemed unable to work, should qualify. But that just ain't so.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:02

I wish the government would be more honest to the people about this CIA.... Most of us that can't work don't qualify for it. How many did out of the all the disabled? This system needs a serious revamp.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:37

Never heard of an earnings capacity assessment tool Vet1234.
Sounds like a MyVac or VaC site math tool.

Only my opinion... but I wouldn't even waste my time.
Perhaps it's helpful to others though.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:11

anyone have any info on the "earnings capacity assessment tool" used to determine a veterans earning capacity for calculation of CIA level?
I personally think that if veterans are unable to work at all and TPI/DEC, the earning capacity should be 0%. apparently many vets who had a CIA reassessment in April, who were Unable to work and had over 15 years of time left to serve, were assigned an "earning capacity" of over 33% and moved up only one level.
I would love to see this magical tool and formula that decides a veteran whose doctor says they are unable to work at all, has any earning capacity other than 0%.
anyone??
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 14:11

found this today, it might be of help to one and all.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/organization/bureau-pensions-advocates
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:27

3 weeks from when I put my foot down. I'm not counting the time my cm didn't want to work for me

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 00:25

Rustytheviking wrote:I was approved dec this past week. I had been fighting my case mangler for the better part of 2 years till I had enough. He felt I didn't deserve, despite not being able to work. Took a whole 3 weeks from start to finish
well not really, sounds more like 2 years 3 weeks
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 23:10

I called the 1-800 number and asked the service person to send me the application package. My cm called a few days later to argue with me. I told him enough, I want to go through the process. He sent a form to my doc, she sent a detailed explanation why I can't work.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 20:14

Rustytheviking, could you please shed some light how the process ,assessment for DEC looks like? I will be asking for one soon.

Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 18:56

I was approved dec this past week. I had been fighting my case mangler for the better part of 2 years till I had enough. He felt I didn't deserve, despite not being able to work. Took a whole 3 weeks from start to finish

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 13:37

"...that's the way the wheel turns with VAC, if they were to approve all applicants, they would put themselves out of work. Nobody's going to knock on your door with any benefits, it is left to the Veteran to apply for the available benefits...."
Having had time to cool down/reflect I see your point about not approving every single application,all I can do is do what the army taught me, watch and shoot.figuratively if not literally.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 11:18

Vet 1234 ..thats not TRUE ...your still kicking! Smile

ScottyG
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 10:09

Defer, deny, and then you die.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 08:12

some cm would tell you that you need to wait to see how things go my cm got me to wait two years before making me the new dec but i have friends that pushed back at the cm and got it in just under 1 year and i am sure others even faster they told me they wanted to see if i was able to be retrained with going back to school which i was unable to handle sitting in a classroom for 8 hrs a day everyday if i could i would have just found a job instead not much difference sitting in a classroom 8 hrs a day or working 8 hrs a day in vacs eyes so put in for it and stay on top of them and if your doc says does not recommend returning to work then that would make it easier for your cm to make up there mind

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top