Possible Overpayments of Retro Lump Sum Top Up to Veterans Only Receiving Monthly Pensions Under the PA Act

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Overpayments of Retro Lump Sum Top Up to Veterans Only Receiving Monthly Pensions Under the PA Act

Post by Bruce72 on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 09:08

I've spoken to two veterans so far who received sizeable payments yesterday, but have never had a disability award and have no idea why they received these payments.

These payments could cause an overpayment for PA veterans. If you are a PA Act only veteran and receive a large sum from VAC be sure to contact them if you are unclear why you received the payment.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Overpayments of Retro Lump Sum Top Up to Veterans Only Receiving Monthly Pensions Under the PA Act

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 23:20

I`m not understanding the question. I currently receive a monthly pension, are you saying I may end up getting some form of lump sum payment from VAC ?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Overpayments of Retro Lump Sum Top Up to Veterans Only Receiving Monthly Pensions Under the PA Act

Post by Trooper on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 05:37

This post was posted on information that was passed on to the member, by a Veteran from outside of the forum.
When the disability award retro's started to arrive in our bank accounts, a Veteran who was on the PA system also received funds into his bank account.
Not remembering that he had a disability award application outstanding, he assumed that those on the PA system were getting funds allocated to the NVC Veterans.
Once he was informed the funds were from his outstanding disability award application, he informed the member, who informed me.
That is why you find this post in stored topics.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5125
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top