Hearing Loss and Tinitus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hearing Loss and Tinitus

Post by HansBlix on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 07:58

Just looking for advice on this topic and there seems a lot of knowledgeable people on here. I submitted 2 applications at the same time back in 2011...one for tinnitus and one for hearing loss both ears. The application for tinnitus came back as approved at 11% but I did not receive any decision at all on the application for hearing loss both ears. Does anyone know if VAC considers both as the same condition and therefore the 11% covers both applications or are they usually separate claims? Just looking for some advice on whether I should even bother reaching out to VAC on this.....really have a hard time motivating myself to deal with the procedures and processes that is VAC (as you can tell, been inactive on this particular one since 2011). Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks.

HansBlix
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Hearing Loss and Tinitus

Post by bigrex on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:59

Hearing loss and tinnitus are normally decided separately. So since you never received a decision specifically for your hearing loss claim, I would say that it was either lost in their system and never made it to the decision level, or that they may have sent you a letter requesting additional information, such as a requesting an up to date audiology report, that was lost in the mail. If the latter was the case, your claim would have been suspended until that info was received. Then once they failed to get that information, they likely eventually closed your claim. So the first thing I would do, is call VAC, and request a Summary of Assessment. It will list all approved conditions (and the percentage), and non-approved conditions. This will tell you whether or not your hearing loss claim was ever decided upon, or suspended. Then, once you have that info, you can make your decision on what to do next.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3029
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky1943 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 14:36

For me, They are both included in my award. X amount for both and combined for total.
I have a question of my own however. I received an award upgrade of 11% (18-29) Does anyone know if it is possible to have their hearing aids replaced for a higher quality within the 4 year replacement dogma.

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbolt on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 14:47

Hearing loss and Tinnitus are seperate claims. I was approved for Tinnitus for 11% in 2013 and denied hearing loss because my hearing is H2 and isn't quite bad enough for a claim...

thunderbolt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top