A Word Of Caution When Creating a CSAT Account

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Word Of Caution When Creating a CSAT Account

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 12:32

I am an active member of the CSAT forum and I've noticed a marked increase in the number of Vets or their family members signing up to CSAT.

This is great, the more people joining the better. However, some people are using their real names and this could pose a problem for some in the future.

First of all I'm totally convinced that VAC monitors this site. Secondly, you could be violating your own privacy, which might make it difficult to take action against someone if they share your information. Thirdly, not everyone supports Canada's soldiers and veterans, which could make you a target for would be scum bags, who would do us harm.

Just something to keep in mind.

Loose lips, sink ships.

The enemy is always watching and listening.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: A Word Of Caution When Creating a CSAT Account

Post by Newf on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 14:48

Great advice Bruce72:)
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 16:22

That's the good thing about public Forums, they have usernames that is there for your privacy rights.

No one is saying you cannot use your real name, those who use their real name are most likely already publicly known, so they are not concerned about their Identity.

I was asked a couple of times about posting a name so the Individual could contact, or get in touch with a certain person, of course I refused the request.

Some like to put their name out there for all to see, that's their right, some like to remain anonymous, we need to respect that period, and CSAT offers that respect.

When I first took on the duties of Forum Master, my first request was to remain anonymous, that is my right, and it's nobody's business why I chose to remain anonymous.

It is true that the Forum is looked at from several different officials, or organizations, I know this because I have access that allows me to see where the users are coming from.
It is not the same for them, they don't have that same access, so you can rest assure that the Forum is safe when using a username, as long as the Forum Rules are kept in check, there should be no problems.

We must remember what this Forum stands for, it stands for helping Veterans and Forces members who are about to be released and of course the RCMP.
We have several categories that reflect our purpose, we do not own the Forum, Forumotion owns the forum, I have seen them delete Forums for breaking standard rules, that is why we have rules in place, that is why you see me take action from time to time, I take no pleasure in it, but the Forum has to be kept online so it can continue to offer, and do good things.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5518
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 17:50

Some great information there Trooper. Thanks
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-09-13