CIA Reassessment Review

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Nemo on Wed 10 May 2017, 14:45

I just call bullshit on all this. They should amend this allowance because it does nothing for those that could not work after release unless they meet certain disability criteria. And for those people. their careers were adversely affected to. I certainly agree that if you have no legs, you better damn well be getting compensated for that far above what I am. But why can't I be compensated for my loss of my career and I was never able to work again?

So yes, I agee with allowances/awards based on missing limbs and other disabilities. But when it comes to career impact, you don't need to have lost your limbs to be affected. Everyone who got out medically who could not work again due to their medical condition should be entitled to DEC. Otherwise the name is as others say just to make them feel good and to deceive the Canadian public into thinking that all disabled veterans are adequately compensated.

Just like the jerks took away SISIP for life and make it end at 65 unless you got out before a certain date in 1995.
avatar
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Location : canada
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 May 2017, 14:45

Yes, in order for them to use the years of service, you have to be declared to have a DEC. Then it comes down to how much money they say you are capable of earning, not how much you actually make. So if they say that you are capable of working say 20 hors per week at an office job, and the average office workers salary is say $13/hr in your region, they will say that you have an earnings capacity of $1040/mo. So in order to get grade 1 CIA, you have to have served less than 10 years, and have an imputed salary of over $3100/mo. the thing is, I'm not sure if the include amounts recieved from CIA and ELB, to determine if you fall below that 33% or 66%.
avatar
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3092
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 May 2017, 15:12

Nemo, I completely understand where you are coming from. Compensation for Veterans should not be an either/or type of scenario, where you either suffer a debilitating medical condition, or you lost X number of years of service due to the injury/illness. So if you met the criteria for CIA before these changes, and they want to add compensation for lost employment opportunities, it should be a separate benefit.
avatar
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3092
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Nemo on Wed 10 May 2017, 16:39

One would think that if you qualified for SISIP LTD and CPP(D), you would qualify for DEC. But no.... Of course, I never qualified for TPI either and this is just a name change but it is meant to make the public think that the government is improving benefits for disabled veterans and it is not.

Take the DEC name away cause it is a crock of shit. Go back to calling it whatever it was before and stop making it out as if all disabled veterans who can't work are eligible for this. Cause they are not.

VAC's criteria is too strict to qualify for most disabled vets. I know some that receive a lot of money from VAC and yet they are motorbiking, skiing, canoing, mountain climbing. I wish....I find it tiring for my legs going into a shopping trip in Wallymart. But I have looked at the criteria for DEC and I simply would not qualify.

If you were medically released from the military and are considered disabled by SISIP and CPP then you should qualify for this.
avatar
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Location : canada
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Trooper on Wed 10 May 2017, 19:18

What gets me is the Idea that VAC thinks we are accepting this implementation along with others they brought forward as a significant and major improvement. The fact of the matter is what they are bringing forward is so out to lunch that it's becoming more and more obvious to the Veterans eye, that Veterans are leaning more and more of just how Ignorant and disrespectful our government really is towards it's disabled Veterans. I'm very proud to read post posted on this forum acknowledging the unfairness that is coming from our government, this shows that members are paying attention, and are in no way going to be fooled by those in charge of our care for what implementations, they are implementing. It all starts from our Prime Minister, then our Minister of Veterans Affairs, they are responsible for our care, and so far in my opinion have let us down. Yes it is true that we have seen movement on our file since the Liberals took power, but if the movement is not of high quality, it simply only movements which does not address, or improve significantly our file the way they are claiming it to be. What is going on here? In my opinion it is a combination of a lot of things, but at the very top in my view sits on three principals, 1. The Prime Ministers lack of knowledge of the Veterans file, the betrayal of what was promised in public, on record from him, and his poor judgement in keeping our Minister in that portfolio. 2. Our Minister of Veterans Affairs who himself lacks in knowledge of our file, and allows the bureaucrats to run the show regardless of what is presented by them, no motivation to learn our concerns. He is useless in that portfolio in my opinion, he is just putting in time for his personal gain but at the same time taking credit for all the bull that is being presented by the bureaucrats. 3. The bureaucrats themselves are the most evil of all three, these individuals are creating bullshit write ups for implementation that does very little to help Veterans, but secures themselves for ongoing future bandage fix implementations. Lady's and gentlemen, these people are looking after themselves, they parade all of what they've done with gold star ratings, it is nowhere near gold star ratings, some if not all or most are insults to our intelligence. It's funny how things gets twisted and left out when a party gets elected. This change from PIA to CIA is an excellent example of the tactics used by the bureaucrats to give that perception that this is just one of the many improvements the Liberals have implemented on our file. It is not an improvement and further to this, no name change was necessary, but it is necessary to make it look real impressive. I can go on all night, but I think anyone reading this gets the point. I don't even have to mention the Lifelong Pension because we all know about that ordeal.
As long as this forum shows that we see, and fully understand exactly what is going on with our file in terms of the evil tactics they are using against us, they will never succeed in fooling us.
avatar
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5516
Location : New Brunswick
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Nemo on Wed 10 May 2017, 21:02

well said Trooper
avatar
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Location : canada
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 11 May 2017, 00:17

Trooper wrote:What gets me is the Idea that VAC thinks we are accepting this implementation along with others they brought forward as a significant and major improvement. The fact of the matter is what they are bringing forward is so out to lunch that it's becoming more and more obvious to the Veterans eye, that Veterans are leaning more and more of just how Ignorant and disrespectful our government really is towards it's disabled Veterans. I'm very proud to read post posted on this forum acknowledging the unfairness that is coming from our government, this shows that members are paying attention, and are in no way going to be fooled by those in charge of our care for what implementations, they are implementing. It all starts from our Prime Minister, then our Minister of Veterans Affairs, they are responsible for our care, and so far in my opinion have let us down. Yes it is true that we have seen movement on our file since the Liberals took power, but if the movement is not of high quality, it simply only movements which does not address, or improve significantly our file the way they are claiming it to be. What is going on here? In my opinion it is a combination of a lot of things, but at the very top in my view sits on three principals, 1. The Prime Ministers lack of knowledge of the Veterans file, the betrayal of what was promised in public, on record from him, and his poor judgement in keeping our Minister in that portfolio. 2. Our Minister of Veterans Affairs who himself lacks in knowledge of our file, and allows the bureaucrats to run the show regardless of what is presented by them, no motivation to learn our concerns. He is useless in that portfolio in my opinion, he is just putting in time for his personal gain but at the same time taking credit for all the bull that is being presented by the bureaucrats. 3. The bureaucrats themselves are the most evil of all three, these individuals are creating bullshit write ups for implementation that does very little to help Veterans, but secures themselves for ongoing future bandage fix implementations. Lady's and gentlemen, these people are looking after themselves, they parade all of what they've done with gold star ratings, it is nowhere near gold star ratings, some if not all or most are insults to our intelligence. It's funny how things gets twisted and left out when a party gets elected. This change from PIA to CIA is an excellent example of the tactics used by the bureaucrats to give that perception that this is just one of the many improvements the Liberals have implemented on our file. It is not an improvement and further to this, no name change was necessary, but it is necessary to make it look real impressive. I can go on all night, but I think anyone reading this gets the point. I don't even have to mention the Lifelong Pension because we all know about that ordeal.
As long as this forum shows that we see, and fully understand exactly what is going on with our file in terms of the evil tactics they are using against us, they will never succeed in fooling us.


I also think that the fact Mike Blais was fired from the "committee" for being outspoken and transparent is a clear sign that the veteran community is getting the shaft.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 651
Location : Newfoundland
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 11 May 2017, 05:49

Look around you! You do not have to look to far to see what is happening.
For example, look across our border and see how they terminate people easily  "fire you" if you do not obey.
Kind of what has happened here, i.e. Mike  B. and Karen M.
There are always ass kissers amongst us, who are willing to do anything for "money and power"!
Not I!
I just want peace of mind, physical wellness and financial security. Just like the other average Pension's Act veteran.
No more, nor less.
What is so hard to understand about this?
avatar
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1097
Age : 40
Location : Halifax
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Vet1234 on Thu 11 May 2017, 16:40

I just received a DA on a reassessment. It talks about my Quality of life and assigns a number from some VAC chart. I looked at the blacked out copy of the new CIA/DEC reassessment posted here and it talks about QOL being a factor in the decision.... how does that even matter?
avatar
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Location : Ontario
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 11 May 2017, 16:50

Vet1234 wrote:I just received a DA on a reassessment.  It talks about my Quality of life and assigns a number from some VAC chart.  I looked at the blacked out copy of the new CIA/DEC reassessment posted here and it talks about QOL being a factor in the decision....  how does that even matter?

I think this will help Vet1234. At least I think it's what you are looking for.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/benefits-determined/table-of-disabilities/ch-02-2006#a06

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 651
Location : Newfoundland
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Slaket on Mon 15 May 2017, 13:27

Letter today saying 12 weeks for them to conduct my review.
Submitted my review request over two weeks ago.

Slaket

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 31 May 2017, 15:56

Anyone here still waiting for their CIA review from April?
I am.
avatar
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Location : Ontario
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 31 May 2017, 18:53

teentitan wrote:If you want to go above Grade 3 you need to be identified as DEC.

Grade 3 CIA is for people who can still work but not at the amount of money they used to make.  CIA is a boost to help the vet if all the vet can find is part time, or a minimum wage job.

If you only served 7 years and were to be declared DEC then you most likely would go to Grade 1.

Has anyone in a similar situation , under 10 years served and DEC actually been moved from level 3 to level 1, based on years left to serve? I haven't heard of anyone.
avatar
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Location : Ontario
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Vet1234 on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 08:15

Almost 3 1/2 months and still no word on my CIA review from the new legislation.
avatar
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Location : Ontario
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by Taz on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 11:19

Vet1234 wrote:Almost 3 1/2 months and still no word on my CIA review from the new legislation.

I was released 3b with 7 years of service and was awarded PIA (now CIA) at the lowest level. The letter I received in April said that my CIA level is going to stay the same, so I requested further review. Recently I asked for a status update of my review on the MyVAC site and they sent a letter stating that a decision would be issued by July 27th.

I don't know if it is the same for everyone.
avatar
Taz
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Location : NB
Registration date : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum