Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Disability Application status at stage 3

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disability Application status at stage 3

Post by Tilap61 on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 15:10

Anybody ever seen that? I Never or heard of it. In my disability application status I went from level 3 to suspended. Call vac 3 times getting different answers every time??????

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 19:42

Stage 3 basically means that all the paperwork has been sent to PEI, and is awaiting adjudication. It's all smoke and mirrors to make veterans believe that someone is actually looking at their file. The truth is it could be on someone's desk, buried under hundreds of other files, and still be several months away from getting a decision.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3115
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 08:06

it means they have all the info they need and now it can take a while to get to you if you call vac and see when your service start date is on your file not when you put it in but when they started it then you can also ask then what month they are currently working on and get a rough idea how long it will take for an answer on your claim good luck hope it all goes good but now its sit back and wait game and it can take a while

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 15:38

That means theyíre working on it, or itís ready to be worked on. Theyíre currently working on applications from September 2016, so depending on when you submitted your claim will see when itís completed

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 14:18

Danny - I was thinking of you today brother, and wondering how things are? I thought the claims where long when I went Thur the redtape, but now itís beyond stupid. How the heck does it take 52 was plus. So much for new hires.
They now have about 3 wks before Xmas break and yr end too announce the new Lifetime policy. Hold onto your rear brothers in arms, itís going to get interesting. My thinking is the announcement will be last day before Xmas break. Then they wonít hear the backlash until Jan. Iím sure like me a lot of anxiety is in the Vet community waiting for this so called 2 year long plan they have been dreaming up. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 12:50

This is just MAJOR bullshit. Unacceptable. And the Liberals are half way thru their term and still have not done anything to fix the system. And by the looks of it, the Liberals stand a good chance of being re-elected in 2019.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 06:40

Here †is something that is disheartening.
When you ask a fellow Veteran, who submitted the same entitlement benefit and received it within three weeks of applying and others like myself have been waiting and watching the clock since June for an answer.
Applied for the same benefit, mine is still in process (since June), but yet another individual applied last month and got an answer within 3 weeks!
Come ON now! Wish the GoC/VAC would stop the BS.
All VAC staff, must be instructed by those Yucky-T-yuks in Ottawa on how to manipulate in deceive Canadian Veterans.
Problem with me having to wait for decisions, "is that I can't make a move"; until they (GoC) makes a move.
In my case, the ball is in their court.
And if they don't get it right.
I'll forward my files to a bunch of fellow Vets and go from there.
Are you tired of being deceived/mislead/mistreated? †
My Father and I have been for many years.
Public Servants,
Keep in mind that you're protecting Canada's Elite, "do your job and don't be intimated by the folks up in the upper echelons".
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:42

Reading all this I just cannot fathom how VAC gets away with telling their lies to the public on all that they are doing. Waiting months and even years is totally a failure on VAC. But somehow the Canadian public and news agencies are believing the BS that comes out of the governments mouth. Shame on them, one can only hope that for those bureaucrats causing Vets to committ suicide and not receive benefits that they are entitled that their due will come.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 21:02

Sometimes, it just depends. My first application included 6 different body parts, and it took 18 months before the cheque arrived for the 4 that I was approved. The last application I put in took 6 weeks before the cheque showed up. Don't try to put any logic to it. It doesn't hurt to call VAC, or send them a message over My VAC just to ask. They probably won't be able to give you an answer, but maybe some reassurance.

Dameon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Disability Application status at stage 3

Post by Bigbrook on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 17:57

Application now in week 32 . Anyone think of an excuse other then " higher volume then normal" Its been at stage 3 for about 20 weeks??????? Are others having similar results?

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:36

This is just so unacceptable. There is no reason why people are waiting months or years for a decision. We should have decisions within 6 to 8 weeks.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 17:36

My application is on the desk of the medical advisory board finally after a year and two months. Hopefully it goes my way, cause I know anything can happen with them!

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 14:16

Why? Why is it that even though somebody has been a VAC client for many years and retired for a few. That every time
I apply for a benefits I get "we are awaiting your service health record" 1 they should already have it and 2 nothing has change in those record since retirement. Hummmmmm

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:50

I really don't think they know what is going on, was told this morning they just started working on June last years

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 22:45

Apparently their working on end of June/early July from last year now. I ain't holding my breath

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top