Disability Application staus at stage 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disability Application staus at stage 3

Post by Bigbrook on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:36

I have an application submitted for a back problem and have been told it is at stage 3. Can anyone tell me anything about stage 3. Is it good to get to this level or is this routine

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Disability Application staus at stage 3

Post by Trooper on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 20:03

Bigbrook wrote:I have an application submitted for a back problem and have been told it is at stage 3. Can anyone tell me anything about stage 3. Is it good to get to this level or is this routine

I believe stage three means your application is currently in progress.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5260
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 05:18

Step 3
Your assessment / reassessment is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on such in such a date (My VAC account provides the exact date of when all documents were received). We strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks, however, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of requests ( once past the sixteenth week, is when I give them a shout.)
But, "No worries!" As long as your file is on "step 3",  (sitting somewhere on someone's desk) it'll be completed just in time for you to appeal their decision and wait another 100 years for care, compassion and respect...

This is the step you are looking forward to seeing:
Complete

Your assessment/reassessment for disability benefits has been completed. If you have not received a decision letter, you can expect one shortly.
Best of luck, (which is an oxymoron) who needs luck dealing with VAC, especially with mental and physical wounds.
Take care of those who take care of you, "without hesitation!"
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 12:16

i have 4 outstanding claims in that i put in 11 may last year did not get entered into the system until mid june last year they been sitting at stage 3 for many months and according to vac they are currently working on first time claims from last june so i should get an answer soon so i would say some claims can go real quick like hearing and tinnitus that i put in this year have already been dealt with but claims like side effects of a claim can take a year to get an answer. hopefully this will not be the case for others but has been the case for me

Last edited by bosn181 on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:42; edited 2 times in total

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbolt on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 13:02

I don't think they do them in any actual order. I submitted last August, went to Step 3 in December and got my award letter 29 March this year. So if you go by the logic that they are working on last June, I shouldn't have seen anything for a few more months yet...

thunderbolt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 22:45

Apparently their working on end of June/early July from last year now. I ain't holding my breath

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 19:50

I really don't think they know what is going on, was told this morning they just started working on June last years

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 14:16

Why? Why is it that even though somebody has been a VAC client for many years and retired for a few. That every time
I apply for a benefits I get "we are awaiting your service health record" 1 they should already have it and 2 nothing has change in those record since retirement. Hummmmmm

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top