So...I`m about to lose my Job can someone walk me through what VAC can do for me?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: So...I`m about to lose my Job can someone walk me through what VAC can do for me?

Post by Artie Simm on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 23:12

bigrex wrote:Unfortunately, VAC wants to see that you are trying to make your QoL as best as it can be. If they feel that you are not trying, yet asking for more money, they may be more inclined to deny you. It's a sad fact, but a fact none the less. But I know exactly where you are coming from. When I made the decision that I just couldn't work any more, it was because it was too painful to even get out of bed the day after I worked a shift. I contacted VAC, and told them that I was unable to work any longer. They sent a CM to my home, she approved the rehab program on the spot, but deemed that I was too disabled to be retrained. She also initiated applications for ELB, PIA/PIAS and requested a functionality exam to determine TPI (DEC). I didn't need any additional paperwork, or medical exams for the PIA or ELB, and they were all approved within a month and a half, and I haven't looked back since. So the first step is to contact VAC, and get the ball rolling. They should apply for the applicable benefits, and if not, then tell them to. And since you are being treated for PTSD through VAC, they will have been getting periodical reports from your psychiatrist, so they should be able to make a decision based on those, without seeking any additional reports.
not to keep re-hashing this, but I did get the ball rolling 3 months ago when I attended my CMs office and opened up a CIA claim, I guess my CM should have filed for everything all at once, but I didn`t know anything about CIA,CIAs,DEC,ELB,REHAB to tell them too, oh well my loss. the dificult part for me to deal with is that unlike many injured veterans I have relatively good working arms and legs so at first glance it might appear I`m perfect for the work force, but my problems are mental and my views and actions are no longer deemed suitable for the general public.

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 00:31; edited 1 time in total
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So...I`m about to lose my Job can someone walk me through what VAC can do for me?

Post by bigrex on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 18:28

Trust me, we know that PTSD can be just as debilitating as a bad back or bum knee. Nobody here is going to judge you. And I know that you have applied for CIA, but when you did, you were gainfully employed in the eyes of VAC. But if you tell them that you can no longer work due to your PTSD, it puts more weight behind your claim. You are obviously already approved for Rehab, or else your CM would not have even applied for CIA, so that is one step out of the way. So next, I would ask your CM to apply for DEC, and you can wait for that determination, or apply for EELB and CIAS at the same time.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 18:51

Yeah, don't feel bad about having all your limbs. We're all injured in different ways, but were injured. I have a brain injury and ptsd. I was hard on myself for 6 plus years because I believed I didn't deserve certain treatment vs a guy in a wheelchair. Now I know that stuff dosent matter

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 00:35

Rustytheviking wrote:Yeah, don't feel bad about having all your limbs. We're all injured in different ways, but were injured. I have a brain injury and ptsd. I was hard on myself for 6 plus years because I believed I didn't deserve certain treatment vs a guy in a wheelchair. Now I know that stuff dosent matter
I was originally medically released over a limb injury so I`m not physically 100%,I look fine when I wear a long sleeve shirt the PTSD manifested itself later
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum