Case Managers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Case Managers

Post by Armygunner on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 22:23

I have read a lot of post on this forum and others. One thing they all have in common is "Case Managers" either they are good or bad. Case Managers are there to work for you. It's their solo job to ensure you as a Veteran are looked after and provided for by VAC. If a CM is not working for you; fire them and find another until you are satisfied. Don't let CM tell you when and what VAC benefits you can apply for. You tell them and get them to start the necessary paperwork. There are a lot of lazy, not very knowledgeable, bitter and IMHO lots of overworked CM out there. Read everything you can about whatever you want to apply for and become knowledgeable. When it comes time to talk to your CM you have all the information you need and don't have to rely on word of the CM. Press the issue with them and get them to work for you. As we all know, VAC won't come to you barring gifts, you'll need to fight for it and your CM is supposed to be in your corner.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Case Managers

Post by Trooper on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 05:51

Armygunner wrote:I have read a lot of post on this forum and others. One thing they all have in common is "Case Managers" either they are good or bad. Case Managers are there to work for you. It's their solo job to ensure you as a Veteran are looked after and provided for by VAC. If a CM is not working for you; fire them and find another until you are satisfied. Don't let CM tell you when and what VAC benefits you can apply for. You tell them and get them to start the necessary paperwork. There are a lot of lazy, not very knowledgeable, bitter and IMHO lots of overworked CM out there. Read everything you can about whatever you want to apply for and become knowledgeable. When it comes time to talk to your CM you have all the information you need and don't have to rely on word of the CM. Press the issue with them and get them to work for you. As we all know, VAC won't come to you barring gifts, you'll need to fight for it and your CM is supposed to be in your corner.

Well said!
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5132
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:43

ArmyGunner, yes very well written. When I had a CM, the one thing that real got me is that I did not have her # to pass things on, and had to do it all thru the 1-800, or My Vac Account. And on one occasion she called me, and had my file mixed with someone else, and started talking about there info. One can only hope they are getting better training, and that they still do not have 75 files ea. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 20:11

johnny211 wrote:ArmyGunner, yes very well written. When I had a CM, the one thing that real got me is that I did not have her # to pass things on, and had to do it all thru the 1-800, or My Vac Account. And on one occasion she called me, and had my file mixed with someone else, and started talking about there info. One can only hope they are getting better training, and that they still do not have 75 files ea. VVV...

Good point about CM phone number. You should get a direct line to them instead of phoning the 1-800 #.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 08:47

One of my biggest frustrations with the CMs was their refusal to give last names or direct phone number. Part of the release process is a mandatory interview with a CM who is on-base (in Trenton) 3 days a week. Even though this person was on base, you had to call the 1-800 # to set up the date and time. After release, my assigned CM and I quickly parted ways as she refused to give her local and I refused to waste my time calling 1 800 when I had a question.
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:43

Refusing to call the 1-800 is only hurting you.

CM's want to give you their number but are reprimanded or written up by their District Manager which can lead to termination if they give out a direct number. This also includes their e-mail.

It's time to fight to at least get their e-mail address for simple questions their team of CSA's can answer for you.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:58

My CM gave me her direct line. She was very supportive. A few times when I was in crisis mode I called her and she helped me calm down and gave me advice. She was my saviour.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top