Are individual VAC applications reviewed by different bodies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are individual VAC applications reviewed by different bodies?

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 15:37

Perhaps this can be answered by no one as VAC is shrouded in secrecy, but I was wondering if a Vet was to apply for say CIA and be denied by VAC, rather than appeal, if they were to then submit for something like ELB would it be reviewed by a different governing body, or else if it`s the same group of people, if they denied you for CIA they are going to shoot a Vet down on ELB on the same grounds, I would think?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Are individual VAC applications reviewed by different bodies?

Post by Newfie on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 15:56

Artie I was granted ELB and denied CIA and was given percentage increase on reassessment all in the same time period. Not sure how they come to that decision. I am on level 3 appeal for CIA and if denied I will resubmit with more supporting ammo. It can be a long and frustrating process but try and stay positive

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 16:16

Artie Simm wrote:Perhaps this can be answered by no one as VAC is shrouded in secrecy, but I was wondering if a Vet was to apply for say CIA and be denied by VAC, rather than appeal, if they were to then submit for something like ELB would it be reviewed by a different governing body, or else if it`s the same group of people, if they denied you for CIA they are going to shoot a Vet down on ELB on the same grounds, I would think?

There's different groups that look at applications, you could get the same group for more than one application, or different groups depending on when your application hits it's process time. They would all have the exact info in front of them from past, to present regardless what group views your application.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:08

DEC is decided locally by your CM and a group at your nearest VAC office. CIA and DA info is gathered locally and sent to a regional office to decide what relevant info and forms tour doctor needs to fill out, the decisions are made in Charlottetown. Information gathered for applications is sent to Matane QC for digitizing and uploading to VAC servers for the relevant parties to view for decision making purposes.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top