VAC is Driving Me Nuts....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VAC is Driving Me Nuts....

Post by Dameon on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 07:18

I keep checking my emails, and watching the VAC site, and all the time the paint still isn't drying.

It took 18 months to get me first disability claim through.

7 days to get approved for the Rehab Program.

2 weeks for VIP approval.

6 weeks to get a disability decision for PTSD. (Which I think is unheard of)

Its now been 12 weeks waiting for ELB. The website says 4, and my CM said 6 to 8 weeks.

I am not holding my breath for CIA, maybe Christmas.

Is this kind of waiting normal? The anxiety is killing me, not to mention the guilt over receiving the benefits, which is whole other issue.

Dameon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: VAC is Driving Me Nuts....

Post by johnny211 on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 07:57

Hi Dameon - Welcome to the forum. Your timelines actually look better then the norm. The 18 months is a bit much, as I think there working on files from 8-12 months ago now. And I do think your ELB is overdue. As for the quilt, I think most of us on here went Thur that.
I look at it like this, We where once young , fit, and ready to die for this country, no questions asked. This was a profession that millions of Canadians would not do.
Then we end up disabled along the line, mentally and physically. Be it at war , peacekeeping, or at home. So yes, now it's time for this country too look after us. Wow, the oil must be kicking in, lol , thank you Canada..Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum