Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Silence on Life Time Policy

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by By the Bay on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 17:40

propat wrote:just a word of caution we have been through this a few times with changes to the NVC . we have had these discussions before after an announcement . you all know this we have been through this before . if you all remember not one group of changes tuned out to be as good as it was announced when the legislation and regulations came out .

so if this looks good ta you wait out it might not be exactly as good as you think .

if ya think this is bad brace yourself it could be worse .

not saying for sure this will happen just pointing out a well established pattern .

propat

Propat, that is so very true!

Remember the ELB 90% top-up announcement?
GOC left out the part that only some veterans will receive the 90% top up!
They stated in their annoucement that "Veterans receiving ELB will receive 90% top up."
The Lower Ranks (Privates) that were receiving SISIP LTD certainly got screwed on that deal!
It was rumored that VAC was going to mirror both SISIP LTD and VAC ELB for fairness in the topped up to 90%, however GOC did not implement it that way!
I am not planning on letting my guard down and if the future Veterans get screwed over, it's up to ALL VETERANS, MILITARY MEMBERS and CANADIAN CITIZENS to fight for the future of our Veterans! You don't have to STORM the HILL, make your voice heard by writing a letter to your Member of Parliment!

The GOC lies are in the Math!

Glad to see that your back Propat!

Cheers,

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 17:36

i have to agree with most of what he says and i agree with many people here they have good info and facts but not everything thats said on here i agree with and sorry but most of the things you say on here are just verbal diarrhea sorry if this makes you feel sad kid but you type it i read it my brain says what you type is not something i agree with and the way you say things is just a total lack of respect for anyone thats why i do think your †a vet your just trolling maybe a spouse that was booted out of the home and you just looking for some vets to bite but i don't really know i have never met a vet like you before and truely hope you one of a kind because i be embarrassed to say i could not help you find the right path instead of this destructive one you on i do hope you find some peace or some help to control your anger or addition to †the verbal diarrhea but if you ever in town drop on in we can give you a hug and a good newfie home cooked meal and try to speak more civil with each other.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 17:30

just in case you missed it wild i post over here for you to see lol

lmfao now wild i think your a funny guy and i do wish you would stay but leadership is not something i see in you. leadership brings people together you toss around anger all the time you remind of a a kid in school who wants to bully others i want you to stay so that we can help you overcome the person you pretend to be on here cause i sure hope you not like this in real life. we try to stay positive and i do feel you just fishing and hoping we bite thats why i do feel your just saying what you think will make others laugh. if you ever worked for me in military i would have you out the door long ago lol but i believe your broken in ways i can't begin to understand and seeing i am broken as well then we a fine kettle of fish. if you do stay i hope you start holding yourself more accountable and show some sort of respect to others and if you can not find a path then i do wish you well and hope for your family's sake you let go some of this verbal diarrhea go and find some sort of inner peace. as always wish you a merry xmas and a happy new year.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 16:54

It's astounding how you can flip flop, then all of a sudden present info to contradict other's like bigrex that brings out information he inquired. I don't like to be combative bosn but I won't take or be fed shit either. I wondered why we could never get csat into fighting form.
It's because it gets changed like the flavor of the day with whatever government party is in power. Damn shame and damn sick propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 14:21

very well said propat you are 100% correct not once has it been how we thought there were always little things ie the cola coming off instead of adding it on lets hope the same way they took money away on the top of using the cola they put back on going forward. when i talked to lady at vac she said her understanding is that is how it will be but i don't understand if they going to do a cola going till you hit age i think 84 might be 83 what % cola will they use or will they just take a average and use that who knows wait till more details come out

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:01

just a word of caution we have been through this a few times with changes to the NVC . we have had these discussions before after an announcement . you all know this we have been through this before . if you all remember not one group of changes tuned out to be as good as it was announced when the legislation and regulations came out .

so if this looks good ta you wait out it might not be exactly as good as you think .

if ya think this is bad brace yourself it could be worse .

not saying for sure this will happen just pointing out a well established pattern .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 11:47

Bosn, I did the math last night after getting that info, and in order for a future Veteran to get anywhere near what they would with the current minimum CIA/CIAS as a 1% increase to IRB, their pre-release pay will have to have been over 2 million. And there is still no indication that these payments will be adjusted yearly for COLA.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3292
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 10:06

bosn181 wrote:don't worry vet 1234 your grandfathered in you will not be losing anything what they were talking about going forward was putting them all into one and instead of age 65 where you drop down and apply for risbie you won't drop down at age 65 and you will go up 1% each year instead so the younger you are the more you will make if you got hurt at age 25 then thats a pretty good increase in 40 years time. the new vet is bases on his or hers pre release salary and i know when i helped an older vet apply for pia and supplement a few years ago there were less than 600 vets on it i am not sure on exact numbers i know there are fact checkers here than can get the exact numbers so maybe more will be able to qualify seeing its all in one and when they apply they won't have to apply for one then wait for answer then another same done the line. but once again this will be for vets apply once it goes live not for vets that are already on it you can call and talk to vac yourself to make sure what i am saying is correct already asked these ?'s to my cm. †my wife punched all the info we have at the moment and it worked out to be $680 more a month not including if i fall into the extra payment of either $500, or $1000, or $1500

i truly hope it doesn't go down. the wife is concerned for sure. We have a big family and she had to cut her hours dramatically to make sure the kids and I are taken care of.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 09:56

i had a buds get out and he got the elb but he was happy to see that his pre release salary got bumped up because when he got out as a sergeant rank he was only making 30k a year, yes they did bump him up to the minimum and a person going forward will also have there pre release salary so thats not a bad thing there elb will be worth more than my elb anyone on the pa systems elb so hopefully this will help them out and get closer over the course of the same time period. once again the system is not equal for all and there going to be lots upset and maybe one day a party will stand up hopefully a new vets party will start up and get it all sorted out. as for this looking at it from all different angles i think if you add it all up they will fair out better than the nvc will have to wait for the dust to settle and thats just how i read it i know theres a line up to tell me i am wrong lol

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 09:41

don't worry vet 1234 your grandfathered in you will not be losing anything what they were talking about going forward was putting them all into one and instead of age 65 where you drop down and apply for risbie you won't drop down at age 65 and you will go up 1% each year instead so the younger you are the more you will make if you got hurt at age 25 then thats a pretty good increase in 40 years time. the new vet is bases on his or hers pre release salary and i know when i helped an older vet apply for pia and supplement a few years ago there were less than 600 vets on it i am not sure on exact numbers i know there are fact checkers here than can get the exact numbers so maybe more will be able to qualify seeing its all in one and when they apply they won't have to apply for one then wait for answer then another same done the line. but once again this will be for vets apply once it goes live not for vets that are already on it you can call and talk to vac yourself to make sure what i am saying is correct already asked these ?'s to my cm. †my wife punched all the info we have at the moment and it worked out to be $680 more a month not including if i fall into the extra payment of either $500, or $1000, or $1500

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 09:24

I pointed out the CIA sup gone as soon as they had the press release. "no veteran will receive less" is what the Minister claims. Maybe they pulled the wool over his eyes. Maybe he knows very well. They better not reduce everyones benefits, hell hath no fury like angry vets.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 09:10

Also the SRB ???? What about that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 08:12

Just like I said from Legion rumor control, CIA and sup gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 05:54

Well trolls what have you got to say? Propat you loving that PA buddy? That solid foundation, of coarse you are we all would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelgunner on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 05:45

bigrex wrote:
So, according to this, they are going to be replacing between $599/mo (grade 3 CIA only) and $2900/mo (grade 1 CIA with CIAS) with a 1% increase to your IRB every year, until you reach what would be your 20th year of service , or age 60. So if your IRB is $4050/mo, which is the minimum, instead of CIA/CIAS on top of that amount, you'll get a 1% increase of $40/mo. And that is before taxes. YAAAaaaaa!

Oh the truth is starting to trickle out, the GOC/VAC is trying to make it look/sound so bad that in the end we will accept anything. †Donít fall for this, get on the phone/email your MP and start advising them of your concerns about this plan.

Steelgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2017-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next