Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Case Manager...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Case Manager...

Post by Bruce72 on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:54

Wildthing wrote:Seen a report on the news about complaints that individual's were dropped by case managers.
My opinion if you have your benefits etc you no longer require a case manager, they are there to assist you in receiving †benefits you are entitled to, once you are satisfied gracefully step aside so they can move on and help another veteran waiting.
Have to agree with the minister on this one if thing's change in the future you can ask for a case manager.
Just my opinion, I couldn't wait to get away from vac and left alone and I know other's feel the same way.
Also if you need a break from the poking and prodding don't be afraid to tell them your not going to lose benefits you already have just because you don't have a case manager !!!

I saw the same report on CBC. I looked for a printed article to post, but haven't found one yet.

I agree with your sentiment as well. Once everything that can be done, has been done there isn't much need to tie up a case manager. It's a problem for veterans with a shortfall of case managers as it is.

And if the need arises and a veteran is in crises, Critical Care Managers are available and will be assigned to work one on one with the veteran.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 710
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NAVRATILOVA on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:44

I'm 100 percent in agreement with ya Wildthing. Just give me my cash and benefits and I don't need some university social worker planning my life. VAC isn't welfare and we don't need to be watched and guided . My case manager wouldn't come to Cuba anyways

NAVRATILOVA
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Case Manager...

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:27

Seen a report on the news about complaints that individual's were dropped by case managers.
My opinion if you have your benefits etc you no longer require a case manager, they are there to assist you in receiving benefits you are entitled to, once you are satisfied gracefully step aside so they can move on and help another veteran waiting.
Have to agree with the minister on this one if thing's change in the future you can ask for a case manager.
Just my opinion, I couldn't wait to get away from vac and left alone and I know other's feel the same way.
Also if you need a break from the poking and prodding don't be afraid to tell them your not going to lose benefits you already have just because you don't have a case manager !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top