Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 19:04

I'm not into partisan politics, but I seen red with the post. I seen csat turn from supporting veteran's to supporting liberal's. I don't care if your like a giddy school girl about your NVC don't post it on csat that's partisan liberal and I'm partisan veteran and stop screwing us over!!!
I'm not a damn poppy to be bought and sold, I'm trying to find a way to get equality and help veteran's receive what they deserve and up pop's a partisan post we love NVC.
In fact you love and deserve financial security, and that's what were trying to secure. That pension announcement was ignorant crap, confusion, by devious elites that would spend a trillion dollar's to bring in a million refugees for votes. Scotty G that is a liberal partisan post pure and simple in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:49

ScottyG wrote:How quickly we all forget the PA system.

IT WAS A NIGHTMARE most never even applied for benefits. The attitude was beg and beg and beg  RESPONSE rejection rejection rejection. If you did get a percentage it was always pennies. Like 5% was LESS THAN 100 bucks a month.

The biggest deal was hearing and most of US  always felt it was a waste of time to even apply. I had 2 uncles who served in WW2 a father who served in the Korean war a grandfather who served BETWEEN WARS . Great grandfathers who served in the ww1.
All of them dealt with VAC some with some success. Not one of them got any amount and very little follow up care.

BUT in ever case it was appreciated. They lived in rural MARITIMES of Canada  in very humble surrounding. They were post war and pre war DIRT FARMERS that meant broke all the time surviving and happy  but broke. So RAVE all you want about the "TRUCKING" good old days ....Live in the mistaken belief what you think was so damn good with the PA.
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE TO GET ANYTHING. Some of you older veterans remember what i am talking about. Some comfortably forget .

One of my  Uncle was an artillery officer for 7 yrs  in WW2 he applied for hearing aid multi times under the PA and he was nearly 80 yrs old and in tears when he was finally given the benefit of the doubt and approved for 5% hearing lost.

THE PA SYSTEM PRIOR TO 2006 WAS A TOTAL MESS FOR POST WAR VETERANS.

IT WAS BARELY ACCEPTABLE FOR WAR VETERANS BUT IN THOSE DAYS PEOPLE WERE DELIGHTED WITH A 20$ BABY BONUS CHEQUE. Getting  a few bucks extra bucks from VAC was like a gift from God.  

I agree we need to get the benefits to more veterans with less hassle and fairer system. BUTTTTTT    PPPPlease shut the heck up about how good the old PA system is compared to what is available. It truly wasnt what you think in reality for POST Korean war Vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:28

well RCMP and MPs STILL have the PA so it aint dead that's a FACT those politicians like to lie like that because they want people to lose hope and give up . they don't want use spouting out real FACTS they just want us to shut the heck up because we are costing them votes and if it looks like we are costing them to many they will give us equality . ya see they will always try to look like good Stewarts of the budget but if they had to would spend hundreds of trillions of dollars of taxpayers dollars to buy your vote for another for years on the job and padding their rich pension.

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:04

propat wrote:lmao yaaa sure the PA had problems and most were fixed with the NVC at least for the PA guys . yes one of the issues that was not fixed was the VRAB situation . THATS right the same VRAB we had in 2005 for the PA is the same VRAB we had in 2006 for PA and the NVC and the same VRAB we have today .

so when it comes to actually receiving benefits under either plan their is no difference .

FACT ; the ombudsman did a report on VRAB after the NVC came into effect and found that 65% of their denials were done wrong . 65 fracking %. reticules . so ya wanna bash VRAB or the entire adjudication system I'm with ya buds I get it but I got ta tell you and as proven in fact by the ombudsman these guys are equal opportunity butt holes .

I'm with ya buds I here ya this needed to be changed and wasn't thus still needs to be changed .

I had no problem PA accepted straight away I remember that quite clearly took 6 weeks . my NVC benefits took forever . a constant fight having them telling me I'm not entitled  even AFTER me sending the legislating and rules right from there own website with links .

I'm not gona say its harder to get benefits from NVC because its the same fracking system when it come to adjudication ya got a problem with the decision ya go to VRAB and if your a NVC guy there could be a chance you are waling into see them right after a PA guy walks out .

with a incorrect on 65% of their decisions good luck to ya . heck ya want an improved system by a little  and a lot faster and a lot cheaper let me make them . ill do it for free don't need a computer  service files or medical files . don't need em . just need a quarter because that's the coin I'm gona flip . id save a fortune id bring that 65% down to around 50% and I think I could pump out over a thousand a day by myself . perfect ? no . but better than the system we have right now for the PA and NVC yes the very same one .

the difference between the two systems is not VRAB its the benefits and ( FACT ) even the benefits are roughly equal if you exclude the pain and suffering benefit . but when you look at the pain and suffering benefit for a 100% guy with a wife and two kids .

PA $4000.00 NVC $1200.00

as a wise politician once said ya can spin things as much as ya want but FACTS they are truly stubborn things .

propat

the MVA said PA is not coming back.20 DEC 2017
He said it it isnt fair too! 20 DEC 2017
So Propat your right.
They promised and lied! Politician never stopped lying to get elected NEVER! We were fools to think they could be trusted not to lie!
What i do know is, if the benefits in place  were easier to get with less delays/ hassles the gap between new and old would be less!  
29000 people backlogged is totally ridiculous!

Last edited by ScottyG on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 15:53

pain and suffering for a 100% disabled vet on PA with a wife and two kids is about 4000.00 for a NVC vet in the same sit is 1200.00 .everything else is about equal .

PA $4000.00 NVC $1200.00
these are the FACTS and they are undisputed

you may not want me to say that or state any real FACTS for that matter . not sure what you mean by the shut the heck up thing . I know for sure the GOC don't want me stating these facts but you know by now what I do when people try to interfere with my legal right to free speech .

PA $4000.00 NVC $1200.00

merry x-mass buds

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 15:40

lmao yaaa sure the PA had problems and most were fixed with the NVC at least for the PA guys . yes one of the issues that was not fixed was the VRAB situation . THATS right the same VRAB we had in 2005 for the PA is the same VRAB we had in 2006 for PA and the NVC and the same VRAB we have today .

so when it comes to actually receiving benefits under either plan their is no difference .

FACT ; the ombudsman did a report on VRAB after the NVC came into effect and found that 65% of their denials were done wrong . 65 fracking %. reticules . so ya wanna bash VRAB or the entire adjudication system I'm with ya buds I get it but I got ta tell you and as proven in fact by the ombudsman these guys are equal opportunity butt holes .

I'm with ya buds I here ya this needed to be changed and wasn't thus still needs to be changed .

I had no problem PA accepted straight away I remember that quite clearly took 6 weeks . my NVC benefits took forever . a constant fight having them telling me I'm not entitled  even AFTER me sending the legislating and rules right from there own website with links .

I'm not gona say its harder to get benefits from NVC because its the same fracking system when it come to adjudication ya got a problem with the decision ya go to VRAB and if your a NVC guy there could be a chance you are waling into see them right after a PA guy walks out .

with a incorrect on 65% of their decisions good luck to ya . heck ya want an improved system by a little  and a lot faster and a lot cheaper let me make them . ill do it for free don't need a computer  service files or medical files . don't need em . just need a quarter because that's the coin I'm gona flip . id save a fortune id bring that 65% down to around 50% and I think I could pump out over a thousand a day by myself . perfect ? no . but better than the system we have right now for the PA and NVC yes the very same one .

the difference between the two systems is not VRAB its the benefits and ( FACT ) even the benefits are roughly equal if you exclude the pain and suffering benefit . but when you look at the pain and suffering benefit for a 100% guy with a wife and two kids .

PA $4000.00 NVC $1200.00

as a wise politician once said ya can spin things as much as ya want but FACTS they are truly stubborn things .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 14:44

Thanks for the post ScottyG. Like I have said, I am very satisfied/happy with what VAC (People of Canada) has provided for me and my family under the NVC. I don't even know the full benefits that were available under the PA. As the Minister of Veterans Affairs said, "the PA isn't coming back." Lets move on and make the best of what we have, try to streamline the process and assist one another in understanding benefits and how to navigate the system.

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 14:36

How quickly we all forget the PA system.

IT WAS A NIGHTMARE most never even applied for benefits. The attitude was beg and beg and beg  RESPONSE rejection rejection rejection. If you did get a percentage it was always pennies. Like 5% was LESS THAN 100 bucks a month.

The biggest deal was hearing and most of US  always felt it was a waste of time to even apply. I had 2 uncles who served in WW2 a father who served in the Korean war a grandfather who served BETWEEN WARS . Great grandfathers who served in the ww1.
All of them dealt with VAC some with some success. Not one of them got any amount and very little follow up care.

BUT in ever case it was appreciated. They lived in rural MARITIMES of Canada  in very humble surrounding. They were post war and pre war DIRT FARMERS that meant broke all the time surviving and happy  but broke. So RAVE all you want about the "TRUCKING" good old days ....Live in the mistaken belief what you think was so damn good with the PA.
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE TO GET ANYTHING. Some of you older veterans remember what i am talking about. Some comfortably forget .

One of my  Uncle was an artillery officer for 7 yrs  in WW2 he applied for hearing aid multi times under the PA and he was nearly 80 yrs old and in tears when he was finally given the benefit of the doubt and approved for 5% hearing lost.

THE PA SYSTEM PRIOR TO 2006 WAS A TOTAL MESS FOR POST WAR VETERANS.

IT WAS BARELY ACCEPTABLE FOR WAR VETERANS BUT IN THOSE DAYS PEOPLE WERE DELIGHTED WITH A 20$ BABY BONUS CHEQUE. Getting  a few bucks extra bucks from VAC was like a gift from God.  

I agree we need to get the benefits to more veterans with less hassle and fairer system. BUTTTTTT    PPPPlease shut the heck up about how good the old PA system is compared to what is available. It truly wasnt what you think in reality for POST Korean war Vets.

Last edited by ScottyG on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 14:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5