Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Consequential Claims

Go down

Re: Consequential Claims

Post by Guest on Thu 03 May 2018, 22:54

consequential claim if it was under the old pension and would my percentage pension go up on a consequential or would i get a disability award?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 03 May 2018, 22:25

After looking at the ToD for sleep apnea,at full entitlement, the need of a CPAP machine, regardless of the severity, ensures that you get a minimum of a 5% DA (4% + QoL). Otherwise it's 0-3% without the need for a CPAP.

Table 12.8 - Other Impairment - Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Rating

Criteria

Nil •Documented obstructive sleep apnea but asymptomatic.

One •Nightly use of dental appliance.

Four •Minimal clinical symptoms (daytime fatigue/sleepiness, irritability) with minimal interference despite optimal therapy; or
      •Nightly use of CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine.

Nine •Moderate daytime somnolence/fatigue; falls asleep several times a day with regular interference in some daytime activities despite treatment.

Thirteen •Excessive daytime somnolence; memory lapses and difficulty with concentration; interference with the majority to all daytime activities despite treatment.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3265
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Consequential Claims

Post by Guest on Thu 03 May 2018, 18:20

If i have a PTSD award of 30% and consequential claim for sleep apnea and require cpap and it is approved doesnt my disability award increase ? Is this like tinnitus and if you require a masking device it increases by 5% to 10% + QoL?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down