Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Go down

Re: How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by Teager on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 15:47

That's correct Artie Simm. There is an option to split up your lump sum payments if you wanted. I can't remember if the payment is a yearly payment or monthly until you hit the amount of the lump sum your awarded.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 80
Location : ON
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by Artie Simm on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 14:39

Teager wrote:So under today's system which is a lump sum payout if VACs decision in 2007 for 20% was favourable then you would receive that 20% for that year. A second claim favourable at 10% in 2010 would be paid out as well. Now each year there is inflation so the total amounts go up each year based on whatever percent stats Canada fives for that year. You would still have a total of 30%. Since you went back some years you would also have to include the top up given as well.

As Bin Rat mentioned come April 1 2019 it will be a monthly amount or you can still opt for the lump sum at any point.
and if the back claim was from 2005, that`s an automatic monthly payment of 20%, but any new claim after 2006but before 2019 is a lump sum?
avatar
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 252
Location : Earth
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by Teager on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 14:19

So under today's system which is a lump sum payout if VACs decision in 2007 for 20% was favourable then you would receive that 20% for that year. A second claim favourable at 10% in 2010 would be paid out as well. Now each year there is inflation so the total amounts go up each year based on whatever percent stats Canada fives for that year. You would still have a total of 30%. Since you went back some years you would also have to include the top up given as well.

As Bin Rat mentioned come April 1 2019 it will be a monthly amount or you can still opt for the lump sum at any point.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 80
Location : ON
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by BinRat on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 13:48

Are you referring as to the New Pension For Life, as of April 2019 then yes..

Under the NVC he would had 2 awards paid, one a 10% and the 2nd at 20%

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Location : Komoka
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by Artie Simm on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 13:04

`ve only ever had 1 claim through VAC approved


Last edited by Artie Simm on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 00:08; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 252
Location : Earth
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How are VAC disability claims calculated?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum