Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by VetWife on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:08

How come he is not zero sum? We didn;t want to keep getting overpayment notices so we said stop, he would have been "zeroed" had we not done that, he just couldn;t handle VAC not having their crap together ans doling his pensions out little by little. All I was told by VAC was that he had income in excess which cold only mean his VAC as he's got no other income. He was in the rehab program and then was switched to PIA/TPI in June which is the same time he was denied the ELB. Is the perm impairment allowance and supplement deducted from ELB and SISIP?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:10

I guess my question is this. Can one receive PIA/supplement as well as EELB?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:14

Any input I can get before I call VAC/SISIP is greatly appreciated becuase I am not kidding when I say that I have never gotten the same answer twice from any of them. I get confused and his VAC CM is pretty much an A**. If he never has to deal woth SISIP again my husband would be very happy, they almost pushed him completely over the edge back in 2006.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:26

One way to tell is if you can find the financial worksheet for when he got the PIA. It should say on it whether or not he is eligible for (approved) the ELB, but not receiving any money, as well as the end date on it I know, I'm looking at my old worksheet right now and it says the I am eligible for the Extended ELB until 2036, but the amount payable is $0.00. There is a difference between not benefiting from a program and not being eligible, and sometimes it can be confusing, even for VAC staff. If he truly was denied because of the amount of his DVA pension, simply re-apply. It only takes a couple of weeks fro approval, maybe even less since he is already approved for the rehab program and PIA.

And yes, you can receive PIA and supp, as well as the EELB, and the PIA doesn't stop at 65.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3092
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:30

Also , once he is approved for the ELB, call the department and see if he can get the ELB backdated to his original application, since He shouldn't have been denied in the first place.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:37

when I asked VAC Kirland lake, they said no without losing a breath. Is that the official quick answer hoping i'd go away?

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:44

wait, I just found another letter this one says you are eligible to receive an ELB until 65 but no financial worksheet

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:57

PMED, they cannot refuse to send you the application. Call back and tell them that you want the application package for Rehab, ELB AND PIA. Then fill them out and then a faceless adjudicator will make the decision, NOT the person answering the phone.

Vetwife. That is good news, that means that he will be getting his full benefit at the end of the month.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 00:07

Awesome, ok good, thanks for helping me understand this

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 00:19

thanks bigrex, thats all VAC right?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 00:54

Yes, those are all programs provided by VAC. The rehab program is the first step. Once that is approved, and covers more than just retraining, You can apply for the ELB and the PIA + supp. Just go to the VAC website and it will explain the rehab and the other two (under financial benefits). But basically, if you have a severe and permanent service related disability, and have received a disability award or PA pension for it, you should be be entitled to these programs, especially if it keeps you from maintaining a suitable job. And all these benefits are stacked, so you could receive Your full PA pension, 75% of your pre-release pay increased by cost of living to today's rates, Until 65 if deemed TPI) between $559-$1677 for PIA, $1028 for the PIA supplement, or id you are pensioned at 98% or higher, you may get the EIA (Exceptional Impairment Allowance) which ranges between $449 -$1348. You should have a case worker assigned to you, and they should be able to help you sort through all of this, and if you get a good one, they can fast track stuff by sending it to specific people within the department.Plus a CM is allowed to authorize attendance allowance if you require aid with any of the ADL's, such as dressing or bathing, without having to ask for approval by HQ, and that could be an additional $269 minimum tax free.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact of the Lump sum awards, the NVC would be starting to be a pretty good piece of legislation.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 07:21

didn't get that oldschool here... thank you bigrex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 07:42

Check out this Blog entree:

Writing to " The Honourable Mr. Justice Barnes" Do the Class members have a case for Damages?
by Joan of Arc

We need input ....

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:07

I just got approved ELB today from Vac , how long do I get it for ? thanx
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SITREP on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:35

PipperNavy that depends on different variables. Each case can be different.

SITREP
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top