Deductions from ELB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Deductions from ELB

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 15:30

l

Back to top Go down

Post by little rock on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 13:59

As, of Oct 2012 vac was deducting my disability pension for a number of years. Finally I got it back. However, I'm in limbo!!now wondering if they will retro the money they owe us. After I got out I was given a late medical realease. When I applied for sisp. They told me it was too late. But really happy for anyone who is finally getting retro. Just wandring if anyone heard anything on this subject.

little rock
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:00

to prawn, you cannot receive monies from both SISIP and ELB. The ELB will simply deduct any money you get from SISIP in their calculations. But it is always better to apply for the ELB, even if on sisip, because it is the only way to get the PIA and supplement, which DO NOT get deducted from the ELB. Plus, Child amounts from CPP do not get deducted either, and that equals an extra $200+ for each child.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:46

oh i forgot if you can no longer work apply for the disability tax credit as well.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:37

yes they do take from one hand and take from the other but with different ammouts its all a question of the math.yes it is allways worth it to apply for cppd if you can no longer work.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:29

propat wrote:hi and welcom prawn.yes cppd can be deducted from elb.although you can be on both elb and ltd you can only collect from one.
propat

Thanks Propat. So If they give you $$ from one pot and they take it out of the other is there any sense in applying for CPP D and going thru all the hoops for them? I am getting all three ELB

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:26

oh by the way prawn if you are not on elb get on it as its a gateway to pia and the pia supplement.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:18

hi and welcom prawn.yes cppd can be deducted from elb.although you can be on both elb and ltd you can only collect from one.
propat

Back to top Go down

Deductions from ELB

Post by prawnstar on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:59

New to the forum and find it very informative. If you receive ELB and CPP D does your ELB get reduced by the amount of the CPP D? Also can a person receive SISIP LTD and the above mentioned at the same time? Thanks

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top