SISIP Life insurance is there a better choice?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SISIP Life insurance is there a better choice?

Post by acerman1234 on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 06:41

I personally do not want to deal with SISIP/Manulife ever again after this, but I am caught with a severe LTD
that is service related. My trust with anything Manulife is shattered. I have been out of the service for about 8.5 years,
and my only correspondence with Manulife is the $350 I own them due to an over payment with there CAR Insurance. It was the
only payment I received and was clawback weeks later back in 2004 due to CPP(D). I do feel good that I never pay them back. I have
received a number of letters stating this overpayment for the past 8 years. So....basically if its Manulife, I don't want it, trust it or want to
have anything to do with them!  I would like a life insurance policy with decent rates that is comparable with Manulife.
Any suggestions?

Acerman1234 What a Face
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: SISIP Life insurance is there a better choice?

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 07:35

I suggest that the new military those who serve should be aware of what really happened here. I mean with seminars educating them telling them what really happened to us. And what would have happened to them.

Just because someone says it so dont make it right.

Someone way back said let them eat cake, She got her head chopped off.

They knew They knew but now their going to make things right.

I think its time that SISIP/Manulife was replace

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 07:45

Problem being the CDS is the policy holder of SISIP, they all have over the years been silent. Seminars educating them telling them what really happened to us will never happen as long as the CDS is the policy holder. Why doesn't the CDS show some leadership? He just doesn't care about the troops...plane and simple. We are expendable and meaningless trash to him.

Acerman1234 Crying or Very sad
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 07:53

When have they ever cared about the troops, it's about pretending to look after the troops so they have a pr value and they can tell the public that we are looked after . It's all a scam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:43

accerman,
I did shop around and so far found nothing better in term of price/coverage. They beat everybody out there. For term life insurance.
There could be other options with universal life insurance.

If you find something on your side post it.
It's a fair chunk I am paying every month, and i am always looking for better options.

Last edited by vall2012 on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 07:05; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:05

vall2012 ,

you're right , it's a no brainer , $ 400,000.00 for $ 54.00 per mth.

One question , where do i sign ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:52

Recono31
It 's a no brainer like you said. you sign where it said

-—-------------------
" Signature "

Located at the bottom of the page, you can't miss it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 15:18

Hey vall2012 ,funny , Smile

I was joking , i got the policy , it's very cheap , and no other company in Canada can match their price .

$ 400,000 for $ 54 per month is outstanding . I highly recommend it for everyone , your wife will be happy with this decision .

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by grosgig on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 17:40

Acerman, if you are with sissip/manulife i recommanded that you stay with them because if your change for another assurance company, it will be too expensive if they take you ( don t forget you have to tell ALL your medical problem in a beautiful questionnary, if not, if something happend to you because something you don't tell maybe the ones left behind will receive a big 0).

So like the most of us you have to stay with them, but if i were you i will settle the overpaiement problem with them. Like that, if something happened to you, they will have no argument to don't pay. Don't give them ammunition, they are professionnal to play with the assurance legal paper. Assurance company are made to make money and not to give money.

this is my personnal opinion

excuse me for my english Smile

grosgig (vandoos)

grosgig
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by redfisher on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:48

Recon031, you are paying $54 a month for $400 000. Is that just for you or you and your wife? As I am paying $62 a month for $200 000 for both of us. Something is fishy and I think I might be getting the shaft, yet again.
redfisher
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 20:12

I pay like 90 for both 300k

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 00:20

Depends on your age and smoker, sliding scale

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 00:53

PMed is right, once they get the detailed info of your health and lifestyle, they weigh the risks. So someone who smokes and drinks or has identified a personal illness or high risk to due family illness, will pay more for less coverage than someone who doesn't smoke or drink and is in the gym on a daily basis.

SISIP has a bit of an advantage, not only because of the fact that they have offices located on every base, but it is the only insurance company in Canada that will pay benefits even if death or injury is incurred during combat or a high risk area.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 06:46

Wait tell you see their rates climb after this. But as I said before their working on some policy to stop or cut back some of our benefits.

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by grosgig on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 07:03

I don't know if some oldtimer remember that in the beginning we were with a policy named CAL and i remember a letter they send me telling if i want to moved to be in the CAR.

I had discuss it with my brother at the time and i choose to stay with the CAL (but i can changed to be in the CAR anytime , just had to call them to make the switch).

I remeber in their letter that they cannot survive (manulife) financially, my question is do you have made the move to be in their CAR or you had stay on the CAL ?

grosgig
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum