ELB clawback ceases this month

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ELB clawback ceases this month

Post by Wife of a Veteran on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:06

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:15

Hey peep did VAC tell you that, I am tpi and was put on Extended earnings loss which goes to age 65 but I get jack shit because I am on sisip ltd which is the first payer.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:24

sorry, I was wrong it was PIA. But on the other hand my wife does have POA of me. I've only been able to read again for a few months. Embarassed

narvat told me that today on the phone. Can't meet with them till my wife is available.

Last edited by peep on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Triton366 on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:38

Navrat - You are lucky to have qualified under both sisip and vac. But, we cannot collect from both at the same time. You may also be on sisip until age 65. If you are stopped under sisip, then you have elb. You would not get more under the elb than what you are getting under sisip.

Triton366
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:45

Yes, I know, VAC told me sisip is first payer but if I lose sisip then just let them know to start my EELB. We will see how easy or frustrating this process will be, I am hoping the package will just be a questionnaire so zero sums can get monthly payments faster,who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:53

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Triton366 on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:55

I trust that it will be an easy process. Once vac gets confirmation that you are close under sisip, they should start you very quickly. Off ltd one month, on to vac the following month. I hope so too, they have to make this package under the KISS principle.

Triton366
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:30

PIA is the Permanent Impairment Allowance. It is the replacement for the old Exceptional Impairment Allowance (EIA), but even that can still be granted, but not both. The PIA can be applied for by anyone who has already approved for the rehab program and ELB and has a severe and permanent disability that has been granted a disability pension or award for it, regardless of the percentage. It comes at three levels, based on severity, $559, $1118 and $1677, and there is also the PIA supplement, which pays $1028 if the Veteran is no longer able to work. Another key factor, is that the PIA is NOT deducted from the ELB.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:52

Peep, VAC told you that you would not qualify for the PIA because you were totally disabled? Those are the Veterans who the benefit was created for. If you weren't completely disabled , you'd be out earning a living. I could see if it was last year when you applied because until last Spring, it could only be granted to those who had been given a disability award under the NVC, but it has since been expanded to recipients of VAC pensions as well. Let me tell you, since meeting my new CM in April after I was unable to work anymore, I've been approved for Rehab, Extended ELB, PIA +supp, Attendance Allowance and Housekeeping.

So anybody that tells you that you won't qualify, before you even apply, it's pure BS, and it is just them being too lazy to do their job!
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:00

I applied in 2011 (or my wife did) and resubmitted 3 weeks ago. Above was what I was explained. But they have made an apt to see me in 2 weeks, so I will pass on some comments here.

This forum is powerful.
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:19

I'm sure you'll get it. As bad as I am now, I've at least been able to work a few years since my release, so someone who has been completely disabled as long as yourself shouldn't require any more than a rubber stamp. Good luck
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 07:24

bigrex a lot in dva dont know va guys are entitled as well and it creates dificulties and confusion.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:50

Thanks to you Denis, to our legal team and everybody involved we finally can start a new life. It's great satisfaction knowing that your plan is working perfectly, in the long run we will get justice done, this first step is like Neils Amstrong; little step for mankind, a great step for humanity.
We ow all of you more than you can immagine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:53

Propat, I agree that not all front line workers that answer the phone know everything that people are entitled to because there are dealing with two completely different legislation, because unlike other departments, the old Pension Act is still very much in effect for a lot of us, including new applications for attendance allowance, clothing allowance and EIA. And things are getting more confusing when they changed it so that Service Canada can answer phones for VAC.

Actually the way it was explained to me was, when you call VAC, the automatic system asks you to press #1 if you are already a VAC client, and #2 if you are not. If you press #2, you will be sent to Service Canada and those you press #1 get transferred to VAC, unless they are extremely busy and you get redirected the SC, who will likely just put you on hold until VAC lines are open.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:03

yes bigrex but the only person i talked to that knew this was my fifth call.she said she would send out the paperwork (finnaly someone that new something)3 weeks latter my cm (who i would never call becouse i know what she is like)called telling me i cant get it becouse im va not nvc so she would not send me the paperwork.
propat

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top