Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

ELB Question

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ELB Question

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:11

I do know that if you collect the EIA, then you can not collect the PIA and supplement . Maybe thy , your cm, are getting it mixed up. I collect the EIA and she told me no PIA for me but the Earnings lost I get which is a minimum 40000 before taxes. Don't give up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:10

puddle fill them out and send them in anyway as the date you applied may become verry important in the future.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:07

I know nobody wants to hear about my legion buddies, but you would be surprised there is a lot of them, that deal with vac, and they have told me that vac doesnt. Want people applying because they are worried about this turning ink another pension plan for people who do not want to work. Actually one guy told me his worker said it was double dipping, and after reading these threads it's apparent that vac is indeed not getting and not accepting applications from some people. Totally wrong, why introduce a program then tell peopl e not to apply, one word money

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:04

called the Ombudsmans office reference the exclusion of PA recipients, they have their own contacts to have the information sorted out.

called the Ombudsmans office as there was a new phone message when dialing the 1-866 line telling you how long you will have to wait to talk with a representative at VAC..

My CM told me about two weeks ago, that i am not entitled to apply for the PIA and Supplement (despite following up with the rehab program) as they didnt follow up after officially denying me the ELB (zero'd out by PA amount) with doing the paperwork for TPI, PIA or the SRB..

The CM has told me point blank that they will not send me the forms even for the Doctor to fill out for the TPI (my brother found them and printed them out for me anyway) and even if I do have them filled out now they will disappear in file 13 anyways.

The little midget hitmen havent got me yet, but i am not here for long..
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:02

bigrex i just used the benefit tool and in less than 1 min i can see i am allowed to apply.it took me a few weeks of calls and emails of c-55 to get her to admitt i was allowed to apply,and after trying to talk me out of it agreed to send me all the paperwork.i am still waiting for that but im not confident i will recive it.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:00

It was very easy for me, I did not even know what Elb or EELB was until my worker called me, I never had to provide any medical other than what was on file, and then in 2006 I got a letter saying I was on elb and declared tpi and now I was put on EELB . It was so easy, never one word to me than I got a call on Friday telling me they are working on mine and I can choose because it is my choice whether I want sisip or EELB. Anyone can cancel their entlement to sisip simply by calling them, this is what I think happened when all those guys told sisip to F off . Also I was told that vac has until the end of nov to work on the elb file and they are doing the 2006 onward first and working there wy towards today, so don't worry, and she told me onc you get EELB it is with you until 65 and won't be taken away. So I would not worry tht you have not received nothing,I have not ,except for vac phone call on Friday to let me know

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:50

Very true Rex but at the same time PMED now has the opportunity to appeal and or have a conversation with his CM.

It is my understanding that if you are pre 06' the member has to apply for ELB to see if he qualifies. I had to and even though my medical condition got worse after 2006 my CM was not confident I would qualify.

This is the "pivot" point that the VAC adjudicator has to look at...did the clients condition worsen after 2006 because it was a "new" condition.

C-55 aside, the NVC is still and always will be open to an adjudicators decision. That said maybe PMED's CM was burnt too many times by the adjudicators when the CM tried to get other clients under ELB?

As long as adjudicators in VAC are brought into the spotlight everything in VAC boils down to one persons interpretation of an ever changing act.

Remember adjudicators are totally isolated in their job. DO managers and CM's cannot contact an adjudicator to have their decision process explained. And this is where a large majority of the problems come from in VAC...isolated adjudicators.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:49

no bigrex the info seems to be current at least in a quick glance maybe some of them are not useing it at.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:38

Titan , there may lie the problem, if this "guide" was created 2 years ago, it was created before Bil-C-55 was adopted, which extended NVC benefits to PA veterans. And if this guide was just introduced to the public today, that means that the only way the CM's could say it has cut down on research time, is that they have been using it, and could erroneously pass on the wrong information. This is likely what happened to PMED.His CM probably look at this "easy guide", and because he is a pre-2006 client, he would be wrongly denied a lot of new programs.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:21

I hear you bigrex, I don;t have faith at all.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:17

Bigrex the new Benefits Browser is just an 'aid' to help inform the veteran and spouse what benefits and daily living aids they may be entitled to.

The real Benefits Navigator is more detailed and does cover both PA and NVC. Currently it is used internally by VAC.

I know the vet who created this and the powerpoint presentation is over 80 slides. VAC took the PP and ran with it two years ago. VAC CM's and assistants have told me that it has greatly cut down research time for each client because ALL the benefits are infront of them.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:13

bigrex maybe im just being paranoid but im starting to smell a foul order coming from dva.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:09

Vetwife, I'm just worried that they're going to do the same thing they did with SISIP, start paying those actually receiving money first, and then sort out those of us zeroed out afterwards
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:05

That new thing is complete BS. It says that if you are pensioned prior to 20006, that you do not qualify for any NVC program, like rehab, ELB and the PIA, which is completely wrong. The regulations specifically state that you can qualify if you are in receipt of a disability pension under the Pension Act, or is limited only to the fact of being a VAC client.

Earnings Loss Benefit

Earnings Loss Benefit
Marginal note:Eligibility — veterans

18. (1) The Minister may, on application, pay an earnings loss benefit to a veteran if the Minister determines, as a result of an assessment made in accordance with subsection 10(1), that a rehabilitation plan or a vocational assistance plan should be developed for the veteran."

Rehab program.

"Eligibility — rehabilitation need

8. (1) The Minister may, on application, provide rehabilitation services to a veteran who has a physical or a mental health problem resulting primarily from service in the Canadian Forces that is creating a barrier to re-establishment in civilian life.

Presumption in case of disability

(3) A veteran’s physical or mental health problem is deemed to have resulted primarily from service in the Canadian Forces if, as a result of the health problem, the veteran suffers from a disability for which a disability award has been paid under section 45 or a pension has been granted under the Pension Act."

Permanent Impairment Allowance

"Permanent Impairment Allowance
Marginal note:Eligibility — veterans

38. (1) The Minister may, on application, pay a permanent impairment allowance to a veteran who has one or more physical or mental health problems that are creating a permanent and severe impairment if the veteran, in respect of each of those health problems,

(a) has had an application for rehabilitation services approved under this Part; and

(b) has received a disability award under Part 3 or a pension for disability under the Pension Act, or would have received such an award or pension but has not because

(i) the aggregate of all of the veteran’s disability assessments and deemed disability assessments exceeds 100%, or

(ii) the disability award is not yet payable because, in the opinion of the Minister, the disability has not stabilized."

So if the department cannot even follow their own legislation when supplying information like this, how can we trust that people answering the phone will provide accurate info?
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:54

Hey Bigrex. We have received no mail from anyone. My husband was denied ELB in May this year as too much VAC income, we called to confirm with VAC that this wouldnow kick in and he'd be in pay but all they would say was we will be contacted soon....WTF hey.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top