ELB Question

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ELB Question

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:02

bigrex i just used the benefit tool and in less than 1 min i can see i am allowed to apply.it took me a few weeks of calls and emails of c-55 to get her to admitt i was allowed to apply,and after trying to talk me out of it agreed to send me all the paperwork.i am still waiting for that but im not confident i will recive it.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:04

called the Ombudsmans office reference the exclusion of PA recipients, they have their own contacts to have the information sorted out.

called the Ombudsmans office as there was a new phone message when dialing the 1-866 line telling you how long you will have to wait to talk with a representative at VAC..

My CM told me about two weeks ago, that i am not entitled to apply for the PIA and Supplement (despite following up with the rehab program) as they didnt follow up after officially denying me the ELB (zero'd out by PA amount) with doing the paperwork for TPI, PIA or the SRB..

The CM has told me point blank that they will not send me the forms even for the Doctor to fill out for the TPI (my brother found them and printed them out for me anyway) and even if I do have them filled out now they will disappear in file 13 anyways.

The little midget hitmen havent got me yet, but i am not here for long..
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:07

I know nobody wants to hear about my legion buddies, but you would be surprised there is a lot of them, that deal with vac, and they have told me that vac doesnt. Want people applying because they are worried about this turning ink another pension plan for people who do not want to work. Actually one guy told me his worker said it was double dipping, and after reading these threads it's apparent that vac is indeed not getting and not accepting applications from some people. Totally wrong, why introduce a program then tell peopl e not to apply, one word money

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:10

puddle fill them out and send them in anyway as the date you applied may become verry important in the future.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:11

I do know that if you collect the EIA, then you can not collect the PIA and supplement . Maybe thy , your cm, are getting it mixed up. I collect the EIA and she told me no PIA for me but the Earnings lost I get which is a minimum 40000 before taxes. Don't give up

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:11

Navrat regardless of what your legion buddies say a client cannot double-dip. It's LTD or ELB until you are 65.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:16

I used to think my old cm was a bitch but she said my ass with doing his for me. I hope you guys aren't forgetting the Supplementry retirement benefit, you only gt it if you are ELB for however long you are out of work, but if you are EELb then you get this until age 65 and its 4 precent of you're release salary , indexed every year and 4 percent every year placed into a vac account and at 65 given to you. It's a lot for me 30000 or 40000 depending on interest. For this reason alone you have to apply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:19

Yes Teen that is what I said, that is exactly me, I am waiting for my sisip ltd payment to secure my retro back to 2004 and them I am withdrawing from sisip nd switching to EElB which I am on

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:20

Thanks Navrat. If that is true, I guess I won't see anything until December, since I was only approved this summer.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3079
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:21

I have been on both since sisip ltd 2004 and EELB since 2006, got no financial benefit fom both because of clawback bu I am on both

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:24

Navrat I made a phone call today about that very situation "can a client choose LTD or ELB"

As of right now if you started with LTD you are with LTD until 65. Same with ELB.

This is going to become a policy issue when all the dust settles on the SISIP lawsuit.

But nothing is stopping you from trying to give valid reason's "why" VAC/GoC/TB to give the veteran a choice of which program (LTD, ELB) they want to be under.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:26

navrat that is great now all we have to do is to get dva to allow people to apply who are allowed to apply.the adjutication prosses can sort out if they qualify ore not.does that make any sence at all?
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:26

But it is, Big Rex , backdated to 1 oct for Vac EELB
So no matter what, you will get it, she told me when it's done you will see your green boxes on your my vac account. Also there is pressure for them to backdate it to 1 April 2006 but my cm said, don't count on it and your already will be covered by sisip back then. Also there is not a lot of us on EELB so we are lucky, I just ot off the phone with her, he is good, I got your cell phone number so there is a lot of trust between us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:28

Well they phoned me Teen, and I just got off the phone with her, so I guess we shall see, she called on Friday to tell me they were working on it, Yes, if you are on sisip ltd you can't apply for elb, but if you were on both you can

Last edited by navrat on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just called vac again)

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:58

never heard of EELB before reading it here on this site, that would come after being on ELB?

I was approved for SISIP LTD (TD) but zero'd out as a PA recipient,

then when VAC allowed PA recipients to apply for ELB like myself I was then zero'd out for my PA amount as well.

SISIP has me on their books as zero'd, VAC has me on theirs as zero'd.

it would be interesting to ask a knowledgeable CM to explain which program I should go with after the dust has settled on the settlement.
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top