ALLOWANCES WITH VAC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ALLOWANCES WITH VAC

Post by bigrex on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:07

Greatfoot, that is true. Whatever you are qualified for with be paid upfront in two yearly installments. There will be no need to submit receipts from now on. The only thing that I'm not sure of is, if companies that currently bill VAC directly, will we start having to pay them instead. If so, that just adds more headaches that I don't need.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:40

I am under the impression that you will be required to fill out your grounds/housekeeping/windows/medical travel etc; Veterans Independent Program forms as per normal, but HEY I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:45

Rex actually the program where small companies, cleaners and groundskeepers, bill VAC for the client is dead.

You can continue to hire them but you pay them from the money that is deposited to your account twice a year.

As for the receipts...collect them and keep them filed away! Two reasons:

1. incase you are audited

2. proof that if the cost of housekeeping goes up you have it to get it increased.

Apparently this "no receipt" gimmick was tried in the late 80's and if was FUBAR! Vets got to comfortable with it and got imaginative and when they audited vets it really showed that it was clearly a bad idea.

OK I'm going on a rant here...how is it so damn difficult for vets to collect receipts and stamps from Doctor appointments for HRTC's (health related travel claims)!?!?!?
Other then laying off VAC employees who calculated the claims how is it an advantage to a vet?
Here's why this whole no receipt issue pisses me off. Let's take a vet who has severe PTSD and is going thru a bag of weed a week and a 40 oz of whisky a day. Every 6 months he has a deposit in his bank for $3500. Do you think he's going to get the lawn mowed and house cleaned if he doesn't have to submit receipts?
What about the vet who is living paycheck to paycheck and the bills are piling up. What's he going to use the money for? House or bills? He wants to be a responsible guy so he pays the bills and does the housework and lawn himself. What do you think is going to happen here? His injury will get worse because he's doing all the work.
I'm sick and freakn' tired of VAC doing hairbrained ideas without thinking them thru and this "no receipt" idea is a cluster you-know-what waiting to happen!

So keep getting doctor stamps on your HRTC and collect receipts for house and lawn. Also if you feel that you are not going to be able to have someone do the lawn or house and are going to use the money for bills. Talk to your CM and see if you can opt out of this bi-yearly deposit idea.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 13:12

I heard 60 employees of blue cross in New Brunswick are going to be canned because of this change, no need to process all the forms for VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatfoot on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 17:30

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:28; edited 1 time in total
Greatfoot
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

incorrect.window washing is 300 a year

Post by meteck on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 19:06

DCHD wrote:Hello,
It different and depending on what your needs are.

Some get 60 weekly for cleaning and i believe the max for yards work and snow removal is like 1400-1500 yearly. you have to get assets or asked for the amount to be raised. There is also window cleaning too which is separate for $200.00 yearly. Hope this helps

Chimo

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 14:24

Meteck mine is 200 for the year it varies as per client and house.

Also anyone I keep forgetting to submit my med appt to my Doc about my conditions but I did send it it last month for the year. How long does it take to get a response for them???

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 16:27

DCHD, I am from Valleyfield Québec and it takes about 1 month before I get the cheque.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 16:32

Does anybody knows, if there is a site where we can go to see what the amounts are? Because I think that some of the brothers and sisters are not getting a fair shake. Everytime I talk to a CM, it is just like pulling teeth, "I don't know, I will check, I will see about that, I don't have the info right now" and on and on and on. Everything that I got, I got because my friends told me to apply for it, when I got refused, my friend told me to re apply and I finally got it.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 16:35

Other then calling the NCCN there is no site with the amounts. You are supposed to be getting a letter from your CM each year or two about your amounts.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 19:04

tiger660 The maximum rates at which the costs of VIP services are payable are specified in the Veterans Health Care Regulations and are adjusted annually commensurate with the Consumer Price Index. Currently, the maximum amount payable per client for home care is $7,142.52 per year.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-90-594/page-9.html#docCont

Looks like CM’s have abet of leeway in amounts………..but not totals.
another one is chimney cleaning and other safety related ones.

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum